Rare rings and amulets never drop. How do I fix?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Lanboost
United States of America

Rare rings and amulets never drop. How do I fix?

Post by Lanboost » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:16 pm

I searched for the issue and found this thread: https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65192

I'm suffering the same issues where everything drops except rare rings and amulets. However, I'm a little confused on what to do with the information given.

If I can be guided in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Question

Re: Rare rings and amulets never drop. How do I fix?

Post by Question » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:56 am

Try setting up a test treasure class in treasureclassex and make it drop only rare rings and amulets. And then have a common mob have a 100% chance of using that treasure calss and see what happens. Maybe cows since there are a lot of them.

It could be that rare rings/amulet sare just naturally rare compared to everything else.

Lanboost
United States of America

Post by Lanboost » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:02 pm

I ended up approaching it by changing the Unique, Set, Rare, and Magic column to 933, 910, 1000, and 800 respectively for the treasure class Act 5 (H) Good and now Hell Cows are dropping a really good amount of rare jewelry with a handful of unique and set jewelry and little to no magic jewelry. I don't know if this is the proper way to approach the problem but it works okay for now.

My only other problem right now is that mobs from literally anywhere are barely, if ever, dropping bases, so making runewords is proving to be extremely difficult. Is this an issue I have with my itemratios.txt?

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:14 pm

After putting the higher quality chances to roughly 90%/90%/100%/80%, that doesn't leave much opportunity for base items which are generated after all the quality checks fail. You might set rare at 80% and see if that gets you a more preferable balance.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “General Mod Making”