Removing magic and rare from the drop table

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

monega

Removing magic and rare from the drop table

Post by monega » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:27 pm

I'm trying to make a mod that only drops the good unique/set items in the game, runes and also high quality whites for runewords.
I've set the treasure class of every mob to either : andariel, duriel, mephisto, diablo or baal depending on the act the monster is in
I've also disabled all the trash weapons and armor such as mage plate or dragon shield

Everything works pretty well, mobs drop a bunch of uniques, runes and good quality weapon/armor
The problem is those weapon and armor are always either magic or rare, never high quality whites

I've tried setting magic and rare to 0 in the "TreasureClassEx.txt" but that didn't do anything
I've also tried playing with the values in "itemratio.txt" but, even when set to 0, only rare or magic items drop.

What should i do to remove all magic and rare items from the game ?

monega

Re: Removing magic and rare from the drop table

Post by monega » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:06 pm

Disabling all the magic prefix and suffix seems to work as a temporary solution
i still want some magic charms to drop but i guess it's not a huge issue if a couple magic items drop once in a while

Whaag
Germany

Re: Removing magic and rare from the drop table

Post by Whaag » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:17 pm

Have a look at the Magic/rare/Normal column in Itemtypes.txt. I`m sure that`s what you are looking for.

The Fileguide will explain everything.
https://d2mods.info/forum/kb/viewarticle?a=369

Return to “General Mod Making”