Running into some animation related issues when morphing

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Question

Running into some animation related issues when morphing

Post by Question » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:10 pm

I followed Ogodei's instructions and I mostly got morphs to work...but there are some strange animation issues. Does anyone know how to fix these?

-If I use an existing entry in monstats.txt, it works fine. But if I make a copy of an existing entry, and only change the name and hcIdx and morph into the new monster, the running animation looks very weird. Specifically, it looks like bugs bunny where the legs move super fast. For example, if I make a copy of the roguehire and morph into that, the running animation looks super fast and very weird. If I morph into the original roguehire, the running animation looks normal and there are no issues.

-For some reason, morphing into a rogue will result in no missile being fired when you use the "attack" skill. I've already setup LIT animations for the rogue token and i can use skills just fine, only the attack skill is affected. Rogue hires and Flavie can still fire arrows normally, but if i try to use "attack" to fire a normal arrow, the animation plays, but there is no missile and no damage.

-When morphing into something with a trans level like Dark Archers, the trans level is not applied so the model does not have the correct color.

Not morph related, but I noticed that Rogue Hires have a valid run animation (you use it if you run while morphed into a rogue), but the hire herself never uses it. Is there a way to fix this?

Return to “General Mod Making”