Basemod v1.13.7 + Plugy v14.02

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

hellnecrotom

Basemod v1.13.7 + Plugy v14.02

Post by hellnecrotom » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:05 am

Hello there, brethren!

USING D2 v1.14d --- NO D2SE

I've recently downloaded Basemod from here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/basemod and PlugY 14.02 from GitHub.

They seem to work together but it is probably not that stable because I didn't fully understand how to merge them.

On top of this, I would like to be able to run the game (with Basemod and PlugY) in a way that I'm also able to mod it --- meaning with the "-direct -txt" parameters (and the data folder extracted with the txts and stringtables). However, as soon as I activate that (-direct and -txt), things don't work well (+ performance issues --- frame drops) - I am not doing something right. I was running PlugY through Basemod (called the DLL from Basemod) but I am more than open to do it the other way around if it works better.

Would someone be nice enough to help me out with a step-by-step installation guide for this specific setup (Basemod+Plugy+direct/txt moddability)? What do I need to extract from which mpq and what's the sequence? Additionally - which things are incompatible between the two mods (BM and PlugY --- what to deactivate and where) --- how can we make them play nice with each other?

Thank you!

Return to “General Mod Making”