[1.13c] Unique shamans summoning other shamans

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

oli25

[1.13c] Unique shamans summoning other shamans

Post by oli25 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:45 pm

I would like to bring back pre 1.10 unique shamans which had shamans as minions and could summon them. Is that hc of sc edit?

Edit:
I have tried with removing fallens from minion1 column in monstats.txt. That made unique shamans have shamans as minions but it broke other things:
-regular shamans no longer spawned with fallens
-regular shamans could summon other regular shamans.
That's not what I want to achieve here.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: [1.13c] Unique shamans summoning other shamans

Post by Cypress » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:55 pm

As far as I know, it's not possible with softcoding. Looking into 1.09, it seems that Shamans spawning with Shaman minions and regular Fallen was a special hardcoded behavior that cannot be completely emulated in 1.10f+. The closest I got was to make two fallenshamans, one type that is vanilla (fallenshaman) and another that has the vanilla fallenshaman as its own minion (fallenshamannew). I then set up levels.txt such that mon=fallenshaman and umon/cmon=fallenshamannew. The issue is that this only works for normal difficulty, NM and hell ignore the umon/cmon settings. If you aren't against hardcoding, then you can make it so umon/cmon apply in all difficulties. See: https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59824 (thankfully kidpaddle94 figured out the edits for 1.13c, so it shouldn't be all that hard to do).

Return to “General Mod Making”