ACT5 Axe Merc

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

kulasdq
United States of America

ACT5 Axe Merc

Post by kulasdq » Thu May 13, 2021 11:34 pm

So I recently noted that blizzard created 2 versions of ACT5 merc, one is the sword version (which we already have), the other is the duel wielding axe (which is not in the hireling list). I tried to add the axe version back but had some wierd bugs. Not sure if anyone encountered and fixed.

In my 1st attempt, I noted that ACT5 hires have 2 sets of IDs at each difficulty level. So I changed one set of IDs to axe version and left the other set as is. My expectation was that now I should be able to hire both sword and axe versions at ACT5 (even though the description doesn't tell, but it can be fixed later). But when I hired at ACT5, all merc are the axe version (I hired every single one from each difficulty level). And the other problem is when I quit and reenter the game, the axe merc will change back to sword merc (not 100% chance).

Then I made 2nd attempt. I changed both IDs of hell level to axe version and made no change to normal/nightmare. When I hired at ACT5 of hell difficulty, all the merc are still sword version (NANI!!). But when I quit then reenter the game, the sword merc will change to axe merc, and it's 100% chance. But I dont know if he will change back sword afterwards.

Any idea about those bugs? I guess that's the reason why blizzard didnt include the axe merc as a hireable since they dont want to be bothered with the bugs....

kulasdq
United States of America

Re: ACT5 Axe Merc

Post by kulasdq » Thu May 13, 2021 11:38 pm

The other thing is he could only equip one one-handed axe. Can't use two-handed axe or use 2 one-handed axes....

Return to “General Mod Making”