Transformed States and Casting

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

DragonlorSCB
United States of America

Transformed States and Casting

Post by DragonlorSCB » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:37 pm

So I have a mod and a class that is capable of transforming into either a Succubus, Cantor or Vile Mother. While transformed into a Succubus or Cantor the character's casting frames are affected by effects that slow attack animations such as chilled (the Vile Mother's casting frames are unaffected). I assume it's because the Succubus and Cantor are using attack frames when casting spells. Is there a way to make these states cast at full speed when slowed (while attacks are still slowed as normal)?

DragonlorSCB
United States of America

Re: Transformed States and Casting

Post by DragonlorSCB » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:49 pm

Where can I read up on how to clone the animation? I'm not even sure where to look. I do have the Animdata editor although I've barely touched it.

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:39 am

I'll take the Succubus as example:

- Extract her token (either 0B or 0C depending on the model you chose) from D2Exp.mpq to your Data\Global\Monsters.
- Browse through Data\Global\Monsers\0C or 0B\ COF and make a duplicate of the S2 Mode, renaming it as SC. Do the same with the DCC file in the TR folder.
- In Animdata.d2 clone the row "0BS2HTH" or "0CS2HTH" and replace S2 with SC. Recompile and paste it into your Data\Global.
- Set mSC to 1 in the Succubus' MonStats2 row

DragonlorSCB
United States of America

Post by DragonlorSCB » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:20 pm

That seems pretty easy. I'll give it a try this weekend when I have the time to look at it. Thank you.

Return to “General Mod Making”