Masterlist Correction

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Specktro
Brazil

Masterlist Correction

Post by Specktro » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:28 pm

Hi guys!

In thread kb/viewarticle?a=440

Etype description for Skills.txt is completly wrong???

Etype on SKills.txt is to determinate the element damage type for the skill... not the item it can be used, as the text says..
Last edited by Specktro on Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be Xtreme!

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Masterlist Correction

Post by Cypress » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:18 pm

"Etypea1", "Etypea2", "Etypeb1", "Etypeb2" are item restrictors, whereas "Etype" is elemental type determination. It's confusing since Blizzard decided to use Etype with two different meanings.

Specktro
Brazil

Post by Specktro » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:59 pm

Cypress wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:18 pm
"Etypea1", "Etypea2", "Etypeb1", "Etypeb2" are item restrictors, whereas "Etype" is elemental type determination. It's confusing since Blizzard decided to use Etype with two different meanings.
Yeah, but in Skills.txt there's no Etype#..

I was looking for some reference of what are the variables there... We have fire, cold, ltng, mag, pois and stun... I 'd like to know if there are other variables...
Be Xtreme!

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:04 pm

You can see the other elemental types in elemtypes.txt.

The element "life" steals life based on the physical damage concurrently applied (the elements mana and stam probably work the same way). I think it works based on a percentage at hitshift 0. So at hitshift 0, if a missile has 65536-65536 mindam-maxdam (deals 256 damage) and 10 life damage (10% of damage as life), then it gives 25-26 life for each hit. It also seems to only give whole hitpoints, and the life gained always has a range of at least 1.

The element "rand" works with attacks (I've seen posts saying it works with missiles too, but I've never seen a mod do this before and I have never been able to get it to work). It randomly deals either fire, cold, lightning, poison or magic damage. I don't understand how the duration works though.

The element "frze" freezes.

The element "burn" applies the burning state and deals fire damage per second. If burn kills something, it won't apply gold find/magic find and won't give experience.

You also technically can create new elements, although they won't do any damage. This can be useful for non-elemental skills, since you can use the elemskill stat to boost it (e.g. you could give Bash a new element "phys" and have it so +physical skills increases its level).

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:17 pm

There is nothing wrong with the fileguide in regards to this accusation.

Screenshot:
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

Specktro
Brazil

Post by Specktro » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:54 am

HarvestWombs wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:17 pm
There is nothing wrong with the fileguide in regards to this accusation.

Screenshot:
Yep, didn't see there was another "etype" down on the page... May be coz of my lack of habit with englishm or lack of brains... :roll:

Hey, not an accusation thou... I was trying to help... but I was wrong...

Cypress wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:04 pm
You can see the other elemental types in elemtypes.txt.

The element "life" steals life based on the physical damage concurrently applied (the elements mana and stam probably work the same way). I think it works based on a percentage at hitshift 0. So at hitshift 0, if a missile has 65536-65536 mindam-maxdam (deals 256 damage) and 10 life damage (10% of damage as life), then it gives 25-26 life for each hit. It also seems to only give whole hitpoints, and the life gained always has a range of at least 1.

The element "rand" works with attacks (I've seen posts saying it works with missiles too, but I've never seen a mod do this before and I have never been able to get it to work). It randomly deals either fire, cold, lightning, poison or magic damage. I don't understand how the duration works though.

The element "frze" freezes.

The element "burn" applies the burning state and deals fire damage per second. If burn kills something, it won't apply gold find/magic find and won't give experience.

You also technically can create new elements, although they won't do any damage. This can be useful for non-elemental skills, since you can use the elemskill stat to boost it (e.g. you could give Bash a new element "phys" and have it so +physical skills increases its level).
Elemtypes.txt
Thank you sir!
Be Xtreme!

Return to “General Mod Making”