Book of Town Portal acting as Charm

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Lurix
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Bulgaria

Book of Town Portal acting as Charm

Post by Lurix » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:17 pm

Greetings,

Recently I found here on the forum locations in the game dlls on how to make items droping identified.
I do kind of like the idea of getting rid of both Identify Book and Town Portal Book.

However I couldn't really find anything related to making Town Portal an innate skill (or at least nothing doable with my coding skills), but I found a really nice topic in the CE forum which makes the Town Portal Book able to cast infinite, as the quantity of scrolls is ignored.
As much as like the idea of infinite casting of the Portals, I don't really like the idea of having the Book only for the sake of casting portals.

So I've decided to turn the Book into a charm, and that's where the problem begins.
I did some adjustments to itemtypes.txt, but none of them really worked fine.
The best result I've had so far is having mcha in Type 1 field (Medium Charm), and book in Type 2 field, with this setup the Book spawns as a Unique Charm, but I'm able to cast the Town Portal only once, then the Book dissapears.
If I go with book in Type 1 field and mcha in Type 2 field, I can now cast infinite amount of Portals, but it no longer spawns as a charm..

I will really appreciate if someone has an idea on how to achieve that :)

Kind Regards

Return to “General Mod Making”