Are there any issues in doing a softcoded re-work of +% Skill Damage?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Are there any issues in doing a softcoded re-work of +% Skill Damage?

Post by Cypress » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:20 am

I am considering an overhaul of vanilla skill damage by instead using four new stats that directly adjust mindam/maxdam of each respective element. So far, I've been able to identify two problems, but I'm fine with them:

(1) Dragon Tail's fire damage cannot be scaled except with kick damage and vanilla Fire Skill Damage (my work around would be to multiply the kick damage directly, which would result in the same fire damage as vanilla, albeit with more initial physical damage)
(2) Can't have more than three stats that increase a given element's damage since you only get 3 opstats per stat (not a problem for my mod since the only stats that give +elemental damage are minimum elemental damage, maximum elemental damage and maximum elemental damage per lvl)

Can anyone think of any other instances where a new stat cannot emulate vanilla, hardcoded skill damage behavior? I'd like to get a good idea of how flawed this idea is before I implement it since it requires me to re-work the synergies of every single elemental skill in the game.

Return to “General Mod Making”