Adding items to drop pool.

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

sean0262
Denmark

Adding items to drop pool.

Post by sean0262 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:49 pm

So I'm new to this, and I was wondering how you would go about adding your new weapon/armor to the item pool from monsters, chests, bosses and etc.

So for example, I've tried adding the name of a new helmet I've created (the 3 letter reference) to Hats A and Hats B in treasureclass.txt but I'm not sure if it's actually working or which other places I should add it to, any tips would be appreciated.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Adding items to drop pool.

Post by Cypress » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:18 am

See kb/viewarticle?a=368 under AutoTC's. The game will automatically add them to the treasure classes based on their level and adjust the chance of dropping them from a rack based on rarity (both level and rarity are defined by weapons.txt/armor.txt). You'll also want to be modifying treasureclassex.txt instead of treasureclass.txt.

sean0262
Denmark

Post by sean0262 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:37 pm

So Cypress, all I would have to do is just make the new item in weapon/armor.txt, add it to patchstring.tbl, then it should start dropping, no need to modify treasureclassex.txt or alike?

I can see item in the shop but I can't seem to get it to drop, but who knows, maybe I'm just super unlucky with the drop.

Devangell
Belgium

Post by Devangell » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:30 pm

Hello

As Cypress already mentioned, any new armor or weapon you make will automatically drop from monsters because of the auto TC's (weap3, armor3, armo6 and so on).

For example, a fallen has the 'Act 1 H2H A' treasureclass which has the following probable drops:

Code: Select all

Act 1 H2H A	7	0	1					100	gld,mul=1024	21	Act 1 Equip A	16	Act 1 Junk	21	Act 1 Good	2																0
As you can see, it can drop 'Act 1 Equip A' which is:

Act 1 Equip A	1	0	1						weap3	7	armo3	7	Crafting MatsNor	2																		0
So a fallen has a possibility to drop a weapon or armor of a level between 1 and 3 (weap3 and armo3, the auto TC's).
If you make a new hat and give it the itemlevel of 3 for example, there is a chance a fallen will drop this because of these auto TC's.

Also, in Armor.txt, make sure that the column of 'spawnable' is set to 1 and 'rarity' to 1 or higher.

Below a quick test you can do:

Treasure Class	group	level	Picks	Unique	Set	Rare	Magic	NoDrop	Item1	Prob1	Item2	Prob2	Item3	Prob3	Item4	Prob4	Item5	Prob5	Item6	Prob6	Item7	Prob7	Item8	Prob8	Item9	Prob9	Item10	Prob10	SumItems	TotalProb	DropChance	Term
Fallen			1						codeofnewitem	1																						0
You can make this as a new line in your TreasureClass.txt file, change 'codeofnewitem' to the 3 or 4 digit code of your new item, change the TC for a fallen to this one and kill some fallens. If all done correctly you will get your new item.

Hope this helps you any further

sean0262
Denmark

Post by sean0262 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:23 pm

Devangell, I can see the item appearing in the shops in the acts where it's supposed to be droppable but when I do the test it just won't drop.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:55 am

sean0262 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:23 pm
Devangell, I can see the item appearing in the shops in the acts where it's supposed to be droppable but when I do the test it just won't drop.
If it spawns in shops but not from monsters, then spawnable is probably =0. Try setting it to spawnable=1.

Return to “General Mod Making”