How to Mod Diablo II Video Guides

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

GreenDude

How to Mod Diablo II Video Guides

Post by GreenDude » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:14 pm

Hey guys. After doing softmodding for several years now, I decided I could give back by making a video series on how to start modding for someone who has zero previous knowledge. On YouTube there are no search results for d2 modding guides so I started a series.

I am currently 4 videos in and if the videos keep getting support then I'll keep making them.

I want to emphasize that these videos are for people starting modding for the very first time. So they will explain absolutely everything, which means the first videos will be very basic and likely won't help existing modders who are past that point.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... DcFTaJx_nb

oli25

Re: How to Mod Diablo II Video Guides

Post by oli25 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:34 pm

Great idea, i hope it will draw more ppl into d2 modding. Keep it up!

Whaag
Germany

Post by Whaag » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:26 pm

Awesome guides! Very easy to follow. Even with little modding knowledge. I´d like to see more from you.

BigDingus
Canada

Post by BigDingus » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:22 pm

EDIT:
Fixed the problem, sheet editor was not overwriting the txt file when saving.

Hey GreenDude, these videos are great. Very informative, I've already watched a few and have now begun trying to implement the changes myself.
When following your first video, I am running into a small problem.
When I go in game to check the result of changing the mana of Firebolt to 99 using the new shortcut (with -direct -txt and -w), the mana does not change. I notice a strange thing under data>excel after running the game, even though I only moved the txt files from the MPQ I find that the bin files as there as well after the game is run.
I believe it is not prioritizing the data folder over patch_d2.
Has anyone run into this issue? I am hoping there is a simple thing that I have just missed due to being new, as I can't seem to find a way to make it read the data folder.

Again, thank you for the video series, I have been really enjoying.

Return to “General Mod Making”