How to make specific items never drop?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Pareto Front
Brazil

How to make specific items never drop?

Post by Pareto Front » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:13 pm

Hello guys,

I tried to make some items never drop by doing the following things:
- In "Armor.txt", "Weapons.txt", "Misc.txt", "UniqueItems.txt" and "SetItems.txt": assigns "0" to the "rarity" column;
- In "UniqueItems.txt": assigns "0" to the "enable" column; and
- In "TreasureClassEx.txt": I have made some modifications, but they are not relevant to the "never drop" goal.

That said, one of the items I wanted to do not drop was the "Short Bow" and I thought that with the above changes it would not drop from the monsters because it would not be in any "weapX" set, but still this item dropped. Can I remove his line in "Weapons.txt"? I know that if I am going to do this, I will have to fetch each of the txt files if the items I delete are used, and if they are, handle it. Is there a better way to do this?

Another question is: I want to change the file "Armor.txt" to make the item "Spiderweb Sash" never drop. At the same time, I want the item "Arachnid Mesh" to continue to drop, so I will not change its line in the "UniqueItems.txt" file. Will there be conflict? Note: "Arachnid Mesh" is the unique version of "Spiderweb Sash".

One last question is whether there is a way to make certain items drop only in specific qualities. For example:
- Make amulets and rings only drop if they are "unique", so "magic" and "rare" amulets and rings will never drop;
- Make a particular item, for example "Phase Blade", only drop when it is "normal" or "higher", so that the item never drops in "magic", "rare" and "unique" qualities.

Thanks for the knowledge and attention.

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Re: How to make specific items never drop?

Post by tmuhlhausen » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:47 pm

The ONLY file you need to edit is TreasureClassEX.txt and I would not recommend removing any lines from any textfiles because this will most likely make the game crash. Treasureclassex contains all of the drop information and how it drops(for example some items are forced to be dropped by using - value in the picks column). ive given a hint towards where you need to look. Good Luck! if you still have problems try using the search box at the top of the site. There is detailed information on this topic.

Return to “General Mod Making”