2 Quick Questions About Adding Sets

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

2 Quick Questions About Adding Sets

Post by tmuhlhausen » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:11 am

Im just wondering basically as soon a they are added do they instantly have a chance of rolling? im under the impression they do. Secondly, am i able to append to sets to item codes that are in use by another set item? i try gambling at gheed and he is giving me the old version of leather glove as a set item "Deaths Hand". Never the new one which i added, also added a new item type as part of the set and he wont gamble a set version of it just magic

kain_abel_666
Canada

Re: 2 Quick Questions About Adding Sets

Post by kain_abel_666 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:38 am

What did you set the rarity of your item to? if the value is too low then it will usually spawn the other one. make sure the item code is entered correctly for the one that keeps coming up magic
an easier way to test item spawning is by making an easy cube recipe like el -> your item or hp potion -> your item set akara to sell EL runes for 1 gold in misc.txt and make a quill rat drop the cube by setting its TC to box
I've stayed quite a while and heard what you have to say. Now it is time for the real Kain to emerge.

Return to “General Mod Making”