Is it possible to extract an MPQ file I have no listfile for

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

kardfogu

Is it possible to extract an MPQ file I have no listfile for

Post by kardfogu » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:54 pm

The question is: how does someone edit an already modified MPQ file without having a proper listfile for it?

The situation is the following:
There was a mod called RetroMod developed by a hungarian modding team.
I'm currently trying to find the people who made the mod in order to expand it slightly, but the mod is over 15 years old, even if I find the people who made it, there is the possibility, that they no longer have the tools and such.

As far as I understand, the edits I need to make would affect Inventory.txt in the Patch_D2.mpq file the mod comes with.
Running the mod with -direct -txt crashes the game upon creating a character or loading an already existing one, as such, I believe that I ran out of options and I'm forced to edit the MPQ file in order to make the modifications.

So, any idea how to do it without the listfile? (tried the listfile for unmodified vanilla and it doesn't cover all the files)

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Re: Is it possible to extract an MPQ file I have no listfile for

Post by Ogodei » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:05 pm

We at Phrozen Keep do not support ripping off from mods nor edit other peoples' works without the explicit permission from the author(s).

Please re-read the Terms of Services you agreed to abide to when you first registered here.

terms-of-service