Assertion failure (Lord of Genesis mod)

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Fellerd

Assertion failure (Lord of Genesis mod)

Post by Fellerd » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:01 am

Hello!
I've tried a mod called Lord of Genesis,it works up untill character creation.The moment I create a character,I get this error:

Assertion Failure
Expression : nIndex < MAX_NPC

I also get it everytime I try to play with the characters I created.The mod author can't recreate the error,and there are nomerous people who have already played the mod,so I'm not sure what the problem is.Any help would be appreciated.

I have no idea how to edit these files,but if need be,I'll try,or atleast contact the mod author agsin if I have more info on this.Thank you in advance :)

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Re: Assertion failure (Lord of Genesis mod)

Post by tmuhlhausen » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:06 am

Did you attempt this on a fresh install of d2? and what is your patch version/ Lord of Genesis Version as well.

Fellerd

Post by Fellerd » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:45 pm

I've used D2SE (it's compatible with it).I'll try with a fresh 1.10 install,I forgot about it (and yes,the mod is for 1.10).D2SE core for the mod is also 1.10,so that shouldn't be a problem.
I'm curious about this,because other people seem to have even played it already and with no problems.

Edit:Nope,same thing.I have no idea what's causing this anymore.I just downloaded some mods that are for 1.10 and they work absolutely fine (except for le royaume des ombres,stats page is messed up,merchants don't sell anything and I can't distribute any skill points,which,for this mod too,I seem to be the only one having those problems,but at least I can PLAY it.Are the problems in these two mods related somehow?).

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:07 pm

i wouldnt think so, but then again i dont know for sure. i have little experience with the older versions of d2, Currently making something for v1.14d. Wish i could help more

moscitor
Germany

Post by moscitor » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:07 am

for me it works fine at first try
startet it in window-mode...
There is as much risk in doing nothing as in doing something

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:51 pm

Same here, just tested both genesis and genesis hd, they work fine.

Even problems you have with le royaume des ombres, all works fine, version 5.03 and 6.

Fellerd

Post by Fellerd » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:06 am

Yes,I'm aware it's not the mod/mods fault,I'm trying to figure out whats wrong on my end.Recently I tried:making d2.exe as an exception in the data execution prevention list (I hope I explained what I did correctly :D ),enabling/disabling plugy,tried windowed/fullscreen and deleting d2npcs.dll and even d2game.dll-no effect,still every character I make and have made in the mod has the same issue.
Funny thing about le royaume des ombres-I used to play it with no problems at all.Ever since I reinstalled my OS (very recently),I've had this issue.I don't have issues with other mods (currently playing resurgence with d2se and it works perfectly).Maybe it's some software I'm missing,I'm just not sure what.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:07 am

Not the mods fault, who knows.

Try to restart your PC few times between each character creation. Today I have errors with genesis but few PC restarts helps, maybe it would help you too.

For le royaume des ombres if you could create a new topic in corresponding thread with some screenshots, more info about your problem, mod version etc, maybe we could solve it.

If you are for the challenge :mrgreen:
Last edited by Texalic on Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:20 am

Have you guys tried rebooting computer then start game, and repeat if it fails several times.. some mods for 1.10 used rebased dll's. When rebased dlls are forced to relocate in address space, they can give these types of issues.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

moscitor
Germany

Post by moscitor » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:23 am

has anyone get some cuberecipes ore else from this mod?
There is as much risk in doing nothing as in doing something

Return to “General Mod Making”