Making a MASSIVE Map?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

MJA
United States of America

Making a MASSIVE Map?

Post by MJA » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:46 am

So I'm trying to make a survival type mod that doesn't have a main quest rather side quests/dungeons and "acts" would instead be 1 MASSIVE map for each "act" but has a level requirement for each higher area. I'm wanting to for instance make rogue encampment a starting area that's connected to a massive map that's filled with enemies in sections. split into 4 sections, 1-5 enemies, 6-10 enemies, 11-15 enemies and 16-20 enemies. The leveling will rise of course in later "acts". Is there a limit to how large a map we can make?

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Re: Making a MASSIVE Map?

Post by tmuhlhausen » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:41 pm

Changing the actual sizes of levels is rather tricky, im no expert but every attempt i have had failed so far. one thing i find really interesting though is that there are 3 columns in the levels.txt that suggest the difficulty modes were going to scale in size as the game got into harder difiiculties .

EDIT:

this is a guide to adding a new area may be useful
kb/viewarticle?a=282

MJA
United States of America

Re: Making a MASSIVE Map?

Post by MJA » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:31 am

tmuhlhausen wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:41 pm
Changing the actual sizes of levels is rather tricky, im no expert but every attempt i have had failed so far. one thing i find really interesting though is that there are 3 columns in the levels.txt that suggest the difficulty modes were going to scale in size as the game got into harder difiiculties .

EDIT:

this is a guide to adding a new area may be useful
kb/viewarticle?a=282
Yeah I think my idea is a bust. I wanted to completely remove all the quests in the game and make the "Acts" more so like level restricted areas. Each "Act" would just be a insanely massive map with dungeons and area bosses but it's not working out too great. Oh well.. thanks for the reply though man!

Return to “General Mod Making”