General modding queries

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

petica
Romania

General modding queries

Post by petica » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:58 pm

Hello everyone! :)

I'm a new member here and leeched your knowledge about modding the game. At the moment I am close on achieving the most fit gameplay experience for myself. :)

I have added more cube recipes, altered some rune drops (the usual topic). However, i'm still looking further into editing a few aspects of the game, for which unfortunately i couldn't find any helpful topic ( or at least i didn't type in the fit search criteria).

What I am looking for is to change and perfect is:

1. i want to change Griswold's loot table. i want him to drop items with 100% socket mod change any random item. based on difficulty ( normal > normal item, nightmare>exceptional, hell > elite)what guide do i have to look for to get this done?

2. i want to change the unique item drop rates generally. for this i have changed the itemratio.txt file. does anything else need changing except for this txt file? i have changed this as per a guide provided by the UVLod creator. so far i've seen only magic item drops. any tips on good ratios? i would imagine the drop you'd have on players 8 to have on players1. However, if this modifier is possible does this mean that if i enter the players 8 command it would eitgh-trupple the usual drop you have on players1?

3. rune drop chance - currently i have edited row 27 through row 42. row 42 is rune17 on column "prob2" i edited this to 500? does this mean every 500th rune is a zod?

Many thanks in advance for your replies!

hellfreezer

Re: General modding queries

Post by hellfreezer » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:57 pm

Number 2 and 3 are obviously very possible, number 1 however is a different story, maybe add a new item that you can cube to put sockets in an item? For 2 and 3 check out the drop mod tutorial and treasureclass file guide.

petica
Romania

Post by petica » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:54 pm

hello there!

Thank you for the tip. i added a cube recipe that does that now.

qty=1
input 1= "armo, nor, nos"
output = useitem
mod = sock
mod min = 2
mod max = 4

qty=1
input 1= "armo, exc, nos"
output = useitem
mod = sock
mod min = 2
mod max = 4

qty=1
input 1= "armo, eli, nos"
output = useitem
mod = sock
mod min = 2
mod max = 4

this for normal items, for exc mod min/max go up as per max. sock per for the specific item.
would this be the correct format to add the recipe for this?

Thanks!

hellfreezer

Post by hellfreezer » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:34 pm

Yes, but of course you will need to create your new item for the cube recipe, and incorporate it into the cube recipe as input 2. Also assuming you wanted this for weapons as well, then you would have to make a recipe for that, and if you wanted to stick to your griswold idea, make him drop the item via his treasureclass. If you have any trouble I would be more than happy to help you get it working.

petica
Romania

Post by petica » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:44 am

oki so I have tried adding the cube recipe as i wrote it above, but for some reason Exceptional and Elite items use the max. sockets from their normal counterparts. For example a plain Phase Blade dropped and i placed it in the cube to roll for 5-6 sockets, however the resulting item was always 3-4 sockets. I have checked the min. mod and max mod in the cube recipe and it was set for elite items at 5-6 sockets. I have also checked the weapons.txt to make sure i don't add too many sockets for that item. At the moment the cube recipe for Elite items is:

qty=1
input 1= "armo, eli, nos"
output = useitem
mod = sock
mod min = 2
mod max = 4

qty=1
input 1= "weap, eli, nos"
output = useitem
mod = sock
mod min = 5
mod max = 6

qty=1
input 1= "shld, eli, nos"
output = useitem
mod = sock
mod min = 2
mod max = 4

Is the output set ok? I am afraid this part isn't entirely correct for the type of recipe i'm trying to do here.

Thank you!

hellfreezer

Post by hellfreezer » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:20 pm

The output looks fine. The number of sockets are also limited based on the level of the item in itemtypes.txt. If you take a peek at the cubemain.txt file guide there are columns that controls the level of the item, check your recipe and see what you may have going on there.

Return to “General Mod Making”