1.00 experience mod

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Abobo
United States of America

1.00 experience mod

Post by Abobo » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:48 am

I couldn't find anything in the 1.00 - 1.06 area about this. I tried using the tools to open MPQ but I got nowhere fast. I could open the 1.09 data file that came with the MPQ view. I couldn't get anything to open when i tried 1.00 mpqs. MPQ2k doesn't seem to run. A dos window briefly opens and immediately closes then nothing.

Basically, I am trying to do 2 things. First is to increase xp on all mobs, all difficulties x5. Second I was planning to reduce monsters attack rating by /4, hoping to circumvent the ARx4 bug.

I can live without the changes to AR but the pitiful XP in 1.00 is a deal breaker. I don't have the patience to repeatedly XP farm areas to stay within the level curve.

Kieran
Senior Moderator
Angel
Great Britain

Hand-picked

Re: 1.00 experience mod

Post by Kieran » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:55 pm

I tried to find patch 1.0 mpq file so I could have a look for you. I am not entirely certainly if the .txt files changed structure during the jump from 1.07 (release of expansion) however it might be worth using a monstats.txt from v1.09 and see if it works correctly? You could then edit accordingly. (again I'm not entirely sure what changed in monstats between 1.00 and 1.09)

Return to “General Mod Making”