[1.1x] How to make a skill's max level rise every six levels.

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

[1.1x] How to make a skill's max level rise every six levels.

Post by Rattlecage » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:39 pm

How do I make it so a skill's max level rises every six levels? I'm looking to do something like in the mod, Median XL where a skill starts out with a max level of 2 at its required level, and it increases by 1 every six levels. I've read 1.10 Formulae Guide, and I know I have to put something in the "skpoints" column in Skills.txt, but I still can't figure it out on my own. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :D
No beating heart I felt. I brought no sights to the silver lips; no warmth from the gold.

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Re: [1.1x] How to make a skill's max level rise every six levels.

Post by k0r3l1k » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:20 am

You pretty much need to put an ifcheck into the sklpts field. The following example should accomplish what you want.

(((ulvl+1) > (blvl + (base req level))) ? 1 : 199

I will type out what exactly this means to elaborate.

If Character's level plus one is greater than the skill's base level plus the required level of this skill, then skill point cost will be 1; otherwise it will be 199.

Keep in mind, there is no variable to reference the skill's base level, you will need to alter the formula to insert that number.

Return to “General Mod Making”