Custom dc6 crashes game on inventory toggle.

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

shawnmick
United States of America

Custom dc6 crashes game on inventory toggle.

Post by shawnmick » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:06 pm

made a custom image in gimp.
saved it as jpg.
used dc6 creator 1.02 to turn it into a dc6 file with width and height of 28.
only frame is 0000 and it shows the image.
placed file in the patch_d2.mpq/data/global/items using mpq editor
name of file is invtyw.dc6
edited unique items.txt to add line Tyreal's Wings 100 1 1 1 69 1 cm1 charm 10 999999 flpmss invtyw item_gem 12 item_gem oskill 54 1 10 cast2 10 40 0
launched game through d2se using the direct text modifiers and make it all the way in. i can walk around.
the item is inventory so i press shortcut to open inv to see new dc6 shown in game. but inv doesn't open and instead i am greeted with error
"This application has encountered a critical error: The file data is corrupt. program "path diablo" file: path to patch_d2.mpq" press ok to terminate."
if i replace the invtyw with invmss in the unique items txt file the game runs but the charm is in the image of mss not the angel wings cause thats whats selected. i think there is something wrong with the dc6 so i download one from the preset packs at https://d2mods.info/resources/inventharia/inv.html. load that in. and it still doesn't work. same error as above. did i forget a step here?

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: Custom dc6 crashes game on inventory toggle.

Post by HarvestWombs » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:21 pm

That's a problem with the mpq, not the dc6. If it was the dc6 you'd get a pCel error.
Also, if you're running -direct -txt you don't even need the mpq, just put the data folder in your mod root directory.
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

shawnmick
United States of America

Re: Custom dc6 crashes game on inventory toggle.

Post by shawnmick » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:46 am

Thank you so much
+1

Return to “General Mod Making”