Stat that adds str/dex requirement

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

mmpx222
Paladin
Korea South

Stat that adds str/dex requirement

Post by mmpx222 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:19 am

Is it possible to make a stat that adds a flat amount of str or dex requirement on top of what an item already has?

Example: Base item (Cleaver) has 68 strength req. Adding +25 add_str_req to it would increase the overall requirement to 68 + 25 = 93.

Just adding negative str is undesireable; it affects your whole character, not just the one item it is on. Also, percentage req increase (already in cLoD) is undesireable, as there are many items that have little or no str req in the first place.
D2TXT / D2INI - Python scripts for editing TXT files, or converting between TXT ↔ INI files

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: Stat that adds str/dex requirement

Post by reiyo_oki » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:34 pm

There are two ways to do this easily, neither of which is what you really want.

One is to add a whole new item with the increased requirements and dummy properties that show them.
The other, is to use the ease property and do the math. In this case the percentage would be 36.76

To get the exact result you want, a property/stat like item_extra_str_req would require some code editing to get direct access to the item's required stats, unfortunately.

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

Return to “General Mod Making”