[Solved] [1.13c] Cannot add monster in monstats.txt

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

mrphgnss
Bulgaria

[Solved] [1.13c] Cannot add monster in monstats.txt

Post by mrphgnss » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:02 pm

Hello, everybody!

Recently I've started modding the game so I can use a bit of help here. Sorry for my bad English.

1. Tried to make a new map using the modified dll's provided in the forum and succeeded - created Forgotten Tristram level and can enter it without any issue.

2. Added the new monster Boneserpent to obj.txt in the win_ds1edit program.

3. Added the new monster to my new level.

4. Created new superunique monster and set class to baalminion1. Added the Boneserpent string so that the monster doesn't have "an evil force" name.

5. Everything is fine, the monster spawns with the correct name and looks like baalminion1.

6. Tried to add a custom monster in monstats.txt so that I can change the class of my superunique and can modify its stats.

7. Added the monster in monstats2.txt and in MonType.txt.

8. The problem is that when I go to that monster, it uses the willowwisp8 ID from monstats.txt (the last monster added in this file and ignores mine).

Any help will be appreciated. :)

EDIT: Found this thread /forum/viewtopic.php?t=61356, downloaded the fixed 1.13 files from /forum/viewtopic.php?t=56033, will check if this fixes my issue.

EDIT2: Solved. The first edit points to the thread with the fixed files. Replacing monstats.txt, monstats2.txt and montype.txt is the answer.
Last edited by mrphgnss on Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cla$$ics
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: [1.13c] Cannot add monster in monstats.txt

Post by cla$$ics » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:09 am

This is a pretty common issue in the txt files, and the solution if I remember right is to delete the guest monsters (and fix the associated chains) or add some blank rows I think.
Although done for our needs, mod-makers should like these changes, too.
11/1/08 - COTL; 5/10/09 - Angel; 11/11/09 - Archangel

Ghaleon777
Argentina

Re: [Solved] [1.13c] Cannot add monster in monstats.txt

Post by Ghaleon777 » Sat May 30, 2020 1:15 am

Thank you so much for this!!! fixed my problem as well!!

Return to “General Mod Making”