!~! Needs a Private Tutor !~!

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

No votes

Total votes: 0

DragonBane
Champion of the Light

Post by DragonBane » Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:02 pm

I need a private tutor to help me catch up on some things... I have been away and missed a LOT of new things, at least for me, and now i need some help catching up. I know I could read the stuff on the site, but I think having a private tutor would be much better. I would like to basically take place in a MOD currently underway, learn how they do the stuff, and then break away to do it myself. Some of the things i need major catching up on, which is A LOT!
  • Adding custom skill tabs
    adding custom skills in general
    Editing and adding monsters
    Making new uniques
    Changing the Quest stuff (rewards, effects)
    And a lot more!
That is a small list, if you would like to involve me in something, i will talk to you, just post here and wether you want to help me or not. You CAN AIM or ICQ me, but I would rather talk to you over this. If this is too much trouble just say so, I will go and read up and learn from the forums. Thanks in advance I suppose!
"Cold be heart and hand and stone, cold be traveller's far from home."

deathfile
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by deathfile » Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:06 pm

i dont think many people here have the time to be your private tutor. read the tutorials on the main site, and if you have a question, post it here.

Unless of course you are willing to pay for a private tutor. then i would gladly help :D

DragonBane
Champion of the Light

Post by DragonBane » Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:16 pm

Well, i figured this :D
Alrighty, ill go read them

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Re: !~! Needs a Private Tutor !~!

Post by RicFaith » Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:26 am

DragonBane" wrote:Adding custom skill tabs
adding custom skills in general
Editing and adding monsters
Making new uniques
Changing the Quest stuff (rewards, effects)
And a lot more!
Adding skill tabs? nope. can't do that. Renaming present skill tabs to make it look completely different can be done tho, quite simply, via the .tbl files.

Adding skills? beyond 30, that's impossible too. Hardcoded, and we would require the source code to do. Likewise you can replace skills quite well by mimicking, changing the effects, missiles or a downright skill swap (last one requires dll-editing).

Editing monsters, quite easily done :) Adding monsters, can be done to a limit, there are a few unused monster tokens which you can use. But you can't add lines to monstats.txt AFAIK... only edit those that are there.

New Uniques can DEFINITELY be done :) uniqueitems.txt and the Magical Master Code List from the Keep will be your best friends.

Quests rewards can be done, there's a hot thread over in Code Editing about that now! Effects? As in +skill or +stat? can be done, I don't think they brought it over from the old forum, but it was discussed there quite in-depth too.

And a lot more? Bring it on!! :) Enjoy modding Dragonbane.. 8)

DragonBane
Champion of the Light

Post by DragonBane » Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:31 am

Ric that is generally what i meant, but i worded it wrong :(

DragonBane
Champion of the Light

!~

Post by DragonBane » Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:32 am

The modding over skills is also what i meant...

DragonBane
Champion of the Light

Post by DragonBane » Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:37 am

Okay, well, ive been reading the stuff on the site, and so far no help. I once had already had my own mod, it wasnt anything great. Im looking forward to a lot of things.. Ric, do u have AIM/ICQ? I have a few easy questions that i cant find on the site, its about extracting. You see, my old .txt files were All and Everything i could edit, so i could only go so far as to edit the *.txt files. Now i can't extract them either, and i also need to know how to extract the *.dc6 (for the bg and stuff right? im not 100% sure), and *.tbl for the item names etc right? strings would be a better word. I would like you to know that this summer I will be trying to learn C++, and if i know enough about Modding i will make progs that you guys need. If i can that is. So helping me should be a good thing, unless i cant learn C++ (or even any Pgramming lang) at all, then its not a waste but just no progs comming up.

Btw, does cRuLo come here anymore? He was the one that first taught me modding...and i would also like to know if he ever finished his prog. Thanks again, and Ric, if u do have aim or icq and can help, then just check my profile they are in there.

~LaTeRz

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:18 pm

For additional help you can also browse through the Old Forums. Use the search tool ;)

Return to “General Mod Making”