Skills System Certification

Information and teasers from the upcoming mod, Cabal Wars - Aeons Tide. NOTICE: This project has been scrapped in lieu of the Shadow Empires mod.

<t>Which Skill System should I Kept ?</t>

Sub Class System is cool
45%
Generic Skills with imagination is better
9%
I'll not speak without my lawyer !!!
45%

Total votes: 11

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Skills System Certification

Post by Joel » Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:02 am

Sounds like MS-Crap propanganda but well

Did you think my Sub-class system allow enough flexibility in term of game replay value and build variation or do you think a more generic approach of skills will be better ?
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Thu Nov 21, 2002 12:21 pm

I'd use both - main subclasses, and universal skills. That, or make more than 1 path in each subclass.

Druids = torcano, grizzlycano, grizzlygeddon, werewolf, werebear, summoner. That's it. All other possible routes are useless. Note that of these 6 three are because of variations in the elemental tree. (#2 above).

Beware of the pitfalls of making too many similar skills for sorc-style 'lots of offensive skills' chars (causing players to pick one skill over the other not because it plays differently, but because it is the same only better); mix up close range and long range skills, single target and AoE, direct damage and supportive (TS, Blaze), summoning/conversion, and add some defensive skills too (but make them worth something, or your players will ignore them). The other pitfall involves making not enough similar skills in rigidly divided skill trees, locking players into one path only (werewolf druid).
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Return to “Cabal Wars - Aeons Tide”