Trouble playing Cryptforge on 1.10

Information and updates for the Cryptforge mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Zhoulomcrist

Magnus

Trouble playing Cryptforge on 1.10

Post by Magnus » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:11 am

I downloaded both the files off of gamespy and got the Cryptforge Full Package up to Patch 3A. I put the data folder and the .dll files into the Diablo II folder. Then, I opened up the giga-inv and replaced the certain files in their folders (not replacing the whole data folder). Then I made a shortcut and put in the -direct -txt. When I go to play Cryptforge 1.10 I get a Diblo II error.

I need help...

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Trouble playing Cryptforge on 1.10

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:47 am

Try the 1.10 version. You did this and got the 1.09 beta.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:08 am

The Patch 3A complete package is only compatible with D2X: 1.09D. That version is now obsolete.

You need to get the 1.10 version (11 split-files) instead. There's a couple of threads in the Member's Announcement forum with the download links. One of them is a mirrored site download that you can get the files from if you don't want to go through FilePlanet to get them.

EDITED

Here's the link to the announcment in the Member's Announcement forum. In it, you will find all the information and download links necessary to get the mod downloaded, installed, and running.

viewtopic.php?t=23433

Good luck :) .
Last edited by Zhoulomcrist on Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:46 am

Alright, I made a Diablo and when I go to play as him I get a Diablo II error.
Last edited by Magnus on Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:25 pm

Been a busy week, folks. That's why there hasn't been much going on around the forum, itself.

Anyway, make sure that you've uninstalled and removed all 1.09D CryptForge files and then extract the 1.10 CF mod to your Diablo II directory.

It's also possible that you may still have 1.09D CryptForge modded DLL files mixed in with your 1.10 files since you had installed the 1.10 CryptForge mod and then the Patch 3A 1.09D version on top of it.

If worst comes to worst, you'll need to re-install Diablo II and Lord of Destruction, Patch it to 1.10, and then install the CryptForge ACT 1 Demo.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

Return to “CryptForge”