Act 3 Hireling Skills

This is the place for people to research themes and ideas for their mods as well as for others to post their suggestions for mod makers to make use of.

Moderator: Nefarius

jerk-o
United States of America

Act 3 Hireling Skills

Post by jerk-o » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:19 am

I just had a though of having the act 3 hirelings be dual elemental casters instead of single elemental casters.
I have two problems, though:
1. I'm not sure what dual elemental sorc builds I should try to use.
2. The hirelings can only use 6 skills.

I'm thinking of fire/lightning, lightning/cold, cold/fire.
(\ /) This is Bunny.
(o.o) Copy Bunny into your signature to help
(><) him on his way to world domination

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Act 3 Hireling Skills

Post by Cypress » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:41 pm

For issue 2, there are a lot of ways you can get more out of your hirelings.
(1) Move any passives onto monprop.txt and set them to scale with ulvl and lvl.
(2) You can merge skills. For example, you can make it so casting Frozen Armor simultaneously casts Ice Bolt.
(3) You can re-work the synergies so that they depend on different skills or stats, such that you do not need to worry about adding skills based on vanilla Sorceress synergies.

Personally, if I were to make one for each of the combinations (I'd also modify each skill individually to make sure they deal competent amounts of damage without being overpowered):
Fire/lightning: Hydra, Charged Bolt, Fire Wall, Enchant (turned into an aura so it is always applied to everyone around him)
Lightning/cold: Static Field + Frost Nova (simultaneous casting), Nova, Thunder Storm, Ice Bolt + Chilling Armor (simultaneous casting)
Cold/fire: Glacial Spike, Fire Ball, Meteor, Frozen Armor + Ice Blast (simultaneous casting)

Return to “Mod Concepts & Research”