Need some help

This is the place for people to research themes and ideas for their mods as well as for others to post their suggestions for mod makers to make use of.

Moderator: Nefarius

yesskier

Need some help

Post by yesskier » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi there, im new on the forum. And i need some help from you. Idk where to post it exactly but its kinda request. I need some mod that deletes/changes pentagrams in the game. I have my own reasons for this, i just want to change this. Is there any mod on this site or someone can help me with changing it into something "neutral" ? Im playing d2+lod 1.13 . Many thanks for every kind of help.

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Re: Need some help

Post by weapon-x » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:10 am

its actually pretty easy to accomplish, i believe those pentagrams are just d2graphics files (.dc6) to do this you need the following tools:

1. DRTester *to preview and extract the pentagram gfx
2. Dc6 Creator *to change/replace subject gfx
3. MPQ File Extractor/Editor *to replace d2 files, (I recommend inserting modified .dc6s to patchd2.mpq)

:) i think you should learn modding, you can get creative and change/add new stuff too
" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "

~Mark Twain

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:36 am

Follow weapon-x's tips but keep in mind that it's going to be a bit more complicated than that, and this is because pentagrams are also present in game. I can think of the blood-drawn pentagrams in the Jail / Barracks levels and the big one in the Diablo's Sanctum. Also, iirc, Nihlathak's location in the automap is marked as a pentagram.
If it's ok for you I would suggest to first do a full playthrough and take notes on the pentagram locations, then start modifying

yesskier

Post by yesskier » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:19 pm

Thanks for advice. Maybe ill try to learn modding myself. But ive seen some time ago a topic with mod wchich deletes 99% of those stmbols from the game. It was on other forum and it was deleted imidietly, cuz this violated their forums law or something. Ill try to find this mod still, but also start trying modding :D

Edit: Honestly for me right now some UI mod with replaced icons. Since ive never tried any modding ill keep on searching for it too. :D thanks for help again ^^

Return to “Mod Concepts & Research”