Uberquest Log, Cube Recipes List and Quick Stats

This is the place for people to research themes and ideas for their mods as well as for others to post their suggestions for mod makers to make use of.

Moderator: Nefarius

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Uberquest Log, Cube Recipes List and Quick Stats

Post by kidpaddle94 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:03 am

I always wanted to do this. Have my own quest log which shows informations about my own Uberquests. Finally, in the past days, I've been able to create the version 1.0 of my Uberquest Log.

At the moment, it's in beta phase, so it's pretty basic and simple, but I plan to work on it a lot.

It's pretty simple. If the quest has not been completed, it shows: "Not Completed" in red.
If the quest has been done and you got the reward, it shows: "Completed" in green.

The hotkey to open the Log is set in whistmod.ini

---

Next, we have the Quick Stats Screen. You're wondering what is your total replenish life? Can you pierce through enemies resistances yet? Just press the key and you have access to almost all stats of the game:

explanation of some stats:
Overall: Ratio of Kills by Death. It does Kills divided by Deaths.
Total Sockets: Number of sockets you have on the gear you are wearing, the total.

The hotkey to open the window is set in whistmod.ini

---

and finally, the Cube Recipes List. Bored of going on the web to check the documentation? Press the key and you have a list of the basic recipes of the game:

The hotkey to open the window, again, is set in whistmod.ini

Q/A:

Q: Plugin?
A: No, there is too much custom code related to it and porting this into a "user-friendly" plugin would be very hard to me.

Q: Which version?
A: v1.13c
Last edited by kidpaddle94 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Lurix
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Bulgaria

Re: Uberquest Log

Post by Lurix » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:07 am

Really nice ;) Glad to see you improving your skills.
If I were you, I'd actually make it like in DA, so it's for like a sidequest book, UberQuests are for hlvl chars.. :D

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:55 am

Lurix" wrote:Really nice ;) Glad to see you improving your skills.
If I were you, I'd actually make it like in DA, so it's for like a sidequest book, UberQuests are for hlvl chars.. :D
what is a "DA" ? :lol:

oh wait, are you talking about Dark Alliance mod by Kingpin?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:42 am

DA is probably Dark Alliance, yes. It has a very nice quest log.

I Always wanted this myself, but for 1.10 ^^.

Well, I can understand you won't make a plugin, because this must be just very hard to do :)

Gratz anyway :)

My current idea to do this softcoded is a charm you have in your inventory that have stat A based on stat B.
When you kill the "boss" of the quest, it increase stat B, wich automatically increase state A. That way, when stat A = 0, nothing is displayed, and when it's increased to 1, stat B show :'Quest xxx : completed'. More stats can allow you to do the quests per difficulty (using monprop to increase the right stat based on difficulty).

But of course, you have to have the charm on you when you kill the boss, if not, you get nothing ^^

There is probably a better way, I diden't have fully searched currently.
Last edited by Xaphan on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Xaphan" wrote:DA is probably Dark Alliance, yes. It has a very nice quest log.

I Always wanted this myself, but for 1.10 ^^.

Well, I can understand you won't make a plugin, because this must be just very hard to do :)

Gratz anyway :)
Well, trust me, I would love to make a plugin out of this, but like I stated, lot of custom code made for my mod is attached to it, and it depends of lot of custom data. Making it a "user-friendly" plugin like D2Mod plugins would be too hard for me.
Also, most of modders use v1.10f or v1.11b, and I'm not going to port it.

edit: Main post has been edited with some updates.
Xaphan" wrote:But of course, you have to have the charm on you when you kill the boss, if not, you get nothing ^^
Perhaps make your stat save, like on the softcoded kill counter method?

Return to “Mod Concepts & Research”