Diablo II : The Heavens

This is the place for people to research themes and ideas for their mods as well as for others to post their suggestions for mod makers to make use of.

Moderator: Nefarius

No votes

Total votes: 0

Kieran
Senior Moderator
Angel
Great Britain

Hand-picked

Post by Kieran » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Basically this mod will be focused more or less on heaven and how the angel's play a roll in Diablo II. We will be seeing a lot more action from these guys than vanilla lets on!

Starting Out

Your Hero will start out in the rogue enchampment being greeted by Tyreal who will pull them away from starting there venture into battling the forces of evil. Tyreal offers the Hero basic training in order to help the champion through there quest to defeat the prime evils. Tyreal gives the player an Orb of Translocation which can be cubed at any time in order to open a portal to heavens. Once the player arrives at the heavens he will be greeted once again by Tyreal and many other angels under his command. In "heaven" you will find many Angel's that wish to help you in any way they can. Some offer items others offer training.

The Training

As you explore the heavens you will come across different training sections from simply beating up dummies to fighting Angel's. You will also face an opponent through the eyes of a prime evil to learn how they fight.

The Next Step

After your training is complete you will have found yourself with a few more level's behind you as well as some very valuable items. These items will not only be used to defeat the general old monster but will also contain hidden powers that will help you defeat the more "powerful" of enemies. From heaven you will then take a portal back to the mortal realm where you quests will soon begin.

*** TO BE CONTINUED ***

There is a lot more to this mod that what I have posted but it needs a lot of fine tuning and story tweaking, but this is generally the starting point of everything. What you think so far?

kazein
Paladin

Re: Diablo II : The Heavens

Post by kazein » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:09 pm

I think you should expand on the portal to "Heaven" idea.

Making a cube recipe with hard to find items and when the player enters the portal, they should essentially receive: a temporary skill buff, a random rare item, all curses/poison removed, and heal mana/health completely.

I say if you want to create a story, create a story. Don't make a half-assed one ^^.

Uullcc22d
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Re: Diablo II : The Heavens

Post by Uullcc22d » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:23 pm

Not bad, I do like some of kazein's ideas, although the fact that you left them ut doesn't make it "half-assed".
I have been wanting to make a new story for my mod, but the quests get in the way :)
Just work on it some more, you'll have a great one in no time :D .
Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

Read the Terms of Service, It's that handy little tool that keeps you from getting banned :)

Return to “Mod Concepts & Research”