Apocalypse - The 5 Waves Of Chaos

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.
SBM
Paladin

Re: Apocalypse - The 5 Waves Of Chaos

Post by SBM » Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:09 am

Hi everybody,

just another screenie for you. This time it is the Startscreen of my mod. The Gameselectscreen for all Modders.
http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/Scree ... otMenu.JPG
Is God an invention of the devil?
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:39 pm

very,very nice. good job and keep up the good work :jump:.
-A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:09 pm

wow, it looks good 8-O The colors fit perfectly to the palette, great work :rightthumb:

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:43 pm

Hi guys,

just a little update what i have done til 28.4.2003.
- Finished The goblin
-updated some weapons gfx
-updated some creatures (size&Height)

and another update til 5.5.2003
- Begin to convert Iron Golem of NWN
- Lost much time playing basketball because of the good weather
=> found problems to convert him (missing animations) if you want details look in my thread about NWN in the multimedia section. I have reflected a long time about what to do next. But first i will finish the iron golem and then the normal items before i will begin with the uniques.
I have just a new idea: What do you think about artifacts which improves weapon if you combine them with the right weapon in the cube? I think this idea is not new but perhaps it is new that the artifacts would be unique and some would be spawn by one monster or you can find them only in one area.
Last edited by SBM on Mon May 05, 2003 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Tue May 06, 2003 2:06 am

SBM";p="94428" wrote:- Lost much time playing basketball because of the good weather
Playing some good basketball is never a waste of time :)
I have just a new idea: What do you think about artifacts which improves weapon if you combine them with the right weapon in the cube? I think this idea is not new but perhaps it is new that the artifacts would be unique and some would be spawn by one monster or you can find them only in one area.
That is a cool concept. What would these artifacts be exactly? Magical Stones? Magical Tomes, perhaps?

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Wed May 07, 2003 1:30 am

well, if they give magic, I say spheres, crystals, orbs, shards, and prisms. If they are physical attributes, make them different metals. :twisted:
-A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Thu May 08, 2003 10:59 am

[quote=ChaoticDeath";p="96662"]
well, if they give magic, I say spheres, crystals, orbs, shards, and prisms. If they are physical attributes, make them different metals. :twisted:
[/quote]
Good idea chaotic death but i think i will use the principle of Baldurs Gate 1 and 2. Remember there you could find different parts of weapons and if you put these different parts together you had a very good weapon. So in my mod there will be some weapons you can only get with this method. And you can also find crystals and prism or other things like that to improve your weapons. This method is nearly the same like gems in socket weapons but your unique weapons don't need any sockets and if you put one prism in two weapons each you get different updates. So generally spoken the updates caused by prism are not every time the same.
Last edited by SBM on Fri May 09, 2003 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Fri May 09, 2003 3:06 pm

Hi everybody,

just 5 basic uniques you can view i wait for comments :D :
http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/Uniques/invaxeu.bmp
http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/Uniques/invbtxu.bmp
http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/Uniques/invgaxu.bmp
http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/Uniques/invhaxu.bmp
http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/Uniques/invmpiu.bmp

This uniques are just the modified Diablo 2 ones but i hope you could appreciate them anyway. I will base it on the comments how i create new uniques further.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sat May 10, 2003 2:05 am

Hmm, they have this interesting glow around them... I like it. Perhaps if you blurred the glow a bit it would look better, though I'm not sure.

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Sat May 10, 2003 11:37 pm

Because you mentioned "the interesting glow" i will tell what it has to do with my weapons. In my mod all uniques will have this golden glow around them and all normal weapons will have a red glow around them. If you improve a unique with the things i expressed before the unique will have a different look (there will be some signs on weapons or armors for example).So this signs will show you that it is an improved weapon perhaps they get another glow but i'm not sure about it.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:36 pm

hmm. I'm stucked in a very time leeching progress. The Conversion of the Elf takes much time and i have some school stuff going on at the moment and i use much time playing basketball (when the weather is nice) :) ! But this weekend i WILL CONVERT this Elf. As soon as the first Mode (Attack1) is finished i will upload it here. After i have finished replacing the rogue with the elf there will be a plugin for that. I hope i could convince something about the idea of converting Warcraft III Monsters with my method (just a mental note). I would like to point out my Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 method and what do you think about this point?
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:22 am

[quote=SBM";p="103535"]I hope i could convince something about the idea of converting Warcraft III Monsters with my method (just a mental note). I would like to point out my Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 method and what do you think about this point?[/quote]

Sorry, but I couldn't understand what you meant here, if you need feedback about something or not; could you clarify this a bit?

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:58 am

Note that we already know a simple method to convert BG monsters to Diablo II ...
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:46 pm

I mean the method of my Multimedia Thread Alkalund:
viewtopic.php?t=11114
I will convert the Elf of WC3 you can see a preview (FULL Attack1 Mode):
http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/FINAL_Attack1.gif

The BG 1&2 Method:[quote=SBM";p="96974"]
[quote=ChaoticDeath";p="96662"]
[/quote]
Good idea chaotic death but i think i will use the principle of Baldurs Gate 1 and 2. Remember there you could find different parts of weapons and if you put these different parts together you had a very good weapon. So in my mod there will be some weapons you can only get with this method. And you can also find crystals and prism or other things like that to improve your weapons. This method is nearly the same like gems in socket weapons but your unique weapons don't need any sockets and if you put one prism in two weapons each you get different updates. So generally spoken the updates caused by prism are not every time the same.
[/quote]

I have got no feedback for this method, so i'm unsure if you like this method.[/url]
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:15 pm

[quote=SBM";p="103755"]The BG 1&2 Method:[/quote]

Ahh, I thought you were speaking of a method for working with BG1 and BG2 animations... thanks for clarifying, and yep, it does look like a nice method, I like it :)

Lord of the shadows
Suspended - Please Contact Myhrginoc
Knight

Post by Lord of the shadows » Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:46 pm

When will the mod come out?
AHHHHHHH...fresh meat!
-Butcher

What do you want?
To see a mod making site?Then go to my site. http://www.freewebs.com/darkhell/ (changed,now http://www.freewebs.com/burningfire
To go back to phrozen keep? http://d2mods.xfernet.com
Or fresh meat?Visit local butcher.

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:40 pm

Good Question. I haven't yet thought about a release date of this mod. Because there is much work to do converting some Monsters in D2. Right now i get a WC3 Elf into D2 and that is a LOT of work ! As soon as i have finished this i will make a plugin to replace the rogue of act 1 with my Elf. And i will write a tutorial how you could convert ALL WC3 Monster to an D2 Monster! I will finish first act 1 (new monsters, quest altering and so on) and will publish a version only for act 1 after that act 2 and so on. Because i have many ideas i want to put in my mod that it takes much time to finish ONE Act. By the way each act should contain about 10 new monsters (Total 5 Act = over 50 Monsters) but that is only one of the plans i have for my mod. So i don't know when the mod is ready for publishing but i have no time limit for myself
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:11 pm

hi everybody

i have finished the plugin and you can find the updated Plugin to replace the Rogue of Act 1 in the Filecenter of the Keep. Work goes on replacing monsters :)
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:40 am

after a long time just another update what i am doing at the moment:

- updating my plugin replacing the rogue of act 1 with a Warcraft III Rogue
- working on a tutorial how you could convert all warcraft III monsters to the necessary animations for a d2 monster
- converting wc3 monster for my mod :)
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:23 pm

today i have another screenie for you. This time you can see the design of the Credits background:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/Scree ... screen.JPG
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:06 pm

Its looking good your credits screen.

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:09 pm

Very, very nice :)

By the way, have you edited out the original credits by Blizzard? If so, you might want to consider putting them in again. Removing credits by Blizzard is one of those 'touchy' areas of modding, much like removing the D2 flaming logo in the opening screen.

Adding credits is totally fine though :D

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:19 pm

[quote=Alkalund";p="131328"]
Very, very nice :)

By the way, have you edited out the original credits by Blizzard? If so, you might want to consider putting them in again. Removing credits by Blizzard is one of those 'touchy' areas of modding, much like removing the D2 flaming logo in the opening screen.

Adding credits is totally fine though :D
[/quote]

yes i had edited them out. But i will put them in and add my credits. It is also a "touchy" area if you put your credits before the ones of blizzard ;) ? I see no reason why there should be a problem doing that because blizzard's credits are still there ;) ! By the way my rogue plugin update is finished and i have send it to jbouley. I'm looking forward to see it in the Filecenter. And the skill swapping was succesfull so the fallenshaman CAN cast the meteor doing the right damage (thx to joel). At the moment i am reflecting about how i could replace bloodraven. (i had the idea to replace it with the WC3:The frozen throne unit you could hire in the tavern yes the undead rogue one. But there is the problem that she has this red glowing aura between their feets so i have to mantain this aura. Otherwise the graphics are screwed up (i have already tried that.)) Last but not least i have not finished the tutorial yet because there is no easy possibilty to get the area that you have to convert with a program to an .avi File (at the moment it is still the try&error principle and that i don't like). As soon as i have found a solution for that you will get a quick and easy way to get each WC3 Monster into D2 (and WC3:TfT too of course)
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:51 pm

It is also a "touchy" area if you put your credits before the ones of blizzard ;) ?
That would be OK I guess, as long as you leave the original credits there all should be fine :)

SBM
Paladin

Post by SBM » Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:01 pm

another ingame screenie for you. this time i replaced bloodraven with a one part monster (thx to the softcode of 1.10):
http://mitglied.lycos.de/sbmchaos/Scree ... draven.JPG

i try to improve the animation quality of wc3 monsters but i think that is the best result you could get with my method and without 3DSMax or some grafic programs like that.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
new Mod in development

Return to “The Sandbox”