Dawn of the Golden Age

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.
Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Dawn of the Golden Age

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:54 am

Two new mod projects in one week may not be record-breaking, but it is certainly noteworthy these days! We are please to announce IndianaMaggot's new endeavor.

Dawn of the Golden Age

Modmaker: IndianaMaggot
Patch Version: D2 LOD 1.10-1.11b

Story Line:
Not changing the story line. I believe that the story line for D2 is fine the way it is.

Item Modifications:
I have removed all runes and runewords and have added 35 new runes and working on new runewords
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/ ... hot003.jpg
The Rune system will work by making runewords out of letters. Example: If you wanted to make the Runeword Hot you insert Rune H, Rune O, and Rune T into a 3 socketed Item. Also if numbers are added to the end of the runeword it will make the runeword more powerful... but also adds to the level requirement.
Also have added Gemwords because I realize that making enough runewords with the system I have is going to be extremely difficult.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/ ... t004-1.jpg
I also plan on creating new suffixes and affixes to try to balance runewords with magic and rares.

Skills:
I don't know much about skill editing so as of right now there are no planned new skills just some damage and synergy changes.

Characters:
No changes to characters yet... although I do plan on altering there stats and how much life and mana they get per stat point.

Monsters:
I plan on changing the AI, making monsters more aggressive.

Maps:
No planned changes to maps.

Code Editing:
No planned changes to code editing.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

IndianaMaggot
Paladin

Re: Dawn of the Golden Age

Post by IndianaMaggot » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:03 am

Thank you so much Myhrginoc! I will be using this thread from now on to discuss my new mod. Also I will be using it for ideas from the community and hopefully I can draw upon some of the wisdom dwelling out there. Here is a progress report as well as an alpha where you can discover gemwords and the new runes. Im sorry I havent inserted any runewords yet although I have some done... perhaps I should start working on getting more done so that I can release a beta!

This Mod will be released in different beta versions until the final release which will include all features listed below.

Phase 1
*New Runes - 10%
*New Rune Images - 0%
*Rune Drop Balancing - 0%
*New Runewords - 0%
*Gemwords - 50%

Phase 2
*New Affixes - 0%
*New Suffixes - 0%
*Item Rebalancing - 0%

Phase 3
*Moster Balancing - 0%
*Monster AI Balancing - 0%
*Character Balancing - 0%

Phase 4
*Skill Balancing - 0%
*Skill Synergy Balancing - 0%

Phase 5
*Misc. Balancing - 0%
*Final Balancing - 0%

Phase 6
*Any Bugs That Still Need To Be Fixed
*Any Final Things That Were Missed
*Release of Final Version

Link to my alpha version... looking for people to help test rune drops.

~*UPDATE*~ 01/03/07
New version featuring new gem mods and reworked gemwords... more interesting and fresh! Your old characters should still be compatible.

~*UPDATE*~ 01/04/07
Sorry this is a quick fix due to some misspelling and errors in the new gemwords... should all be fixed now :D

DotGA vALPHA 4a

Link to D2 Mod Settlement where they have been hosting me.

Progress Report 1: Alright so I have created about 10 three rune runewords. I am starting to lose ideas for the 3 rune runewords... so I am adding more Gemwords in hopes to add more variety. I will be releasing a beta in the near future. No not a christmas present sorry. But stay tuned maybe ill show you a taste of what ive been working on.

Progress Report 2: No new runewords yet sorry. Although I have more written down just waiting to be put into use... All gems have been reworked as well as all the gemwords. I have added new photos to my photo album. The second link all the way at the top is now out-of-date as that gemword has been changed drastically. I will start adding runewords into it soon. I may release another alpha version so you can try out the new gemwords.

Progress Report 3: Ok all Gemwords are getting a major overhaul... I am adding a lot more as well... I will be adding around 650 gemwords in total by the time im done. Also Runewords are getting a complete overhaul... I do not believe I will continue using the system in place as it is to frustrating and tiresome to use whats in place. It actually makes my head hurt trying to create runewords. I would also like to note that I will be making new sets from scratch and also new unique items from scratch. 1 unique for every item in D2. I am going to make low level set items that will actually drop by the time you can use them. Im also up for features people would like to see for my mod from the community, as long as they can be made without code editting.

Progress Report 4: All gemwords have a name... YAY!!! Just need to fill in modifiers now. Also runeword system is now completely different. I am using the Phoenician alphabet which includes 22 characters... I am also adding 3 more which will act as multipliers. For example lets say you had the Runeword Magic and one of the modifiers were Magic Damage 2-4... if you had a x2 multiplier to the end of it it would be Magic Damage 4-8 instead. I will be posting screens this weekend. Been busy with College since it started back up. Thought I would let everyone know whats going on.

Progress 5: There are 631 Gemwords in total. I am about half way done with those and slowly working on the new runes. But college is very busy... 18 credit hours... plus im trying to get ready for a concert so I dont die in the mosh pit. It is slowly being worked on though. Please be patient.

Credit
Rugmuk for ideas
Phrozen Keep for the tools and the Rune Pack 1
Sudely for the hosting
Brother Laz for an idea
Last edited by IndianaMaggot on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:53 am, edited 7 times in total.
"Do You Serve a Purpose, or Purposely Serve?"
Working on Secret Project!
I am always willing to beta test for anyone just PM me.

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:37 pm

Seems pretty good.. I am taking a slight 4 day break from my modding while we are doing testing for finals at school. So I will give your mod a test! :D

IndianaMaggot
Paladin

Post by IndianaMaggot » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:26 pm

[quote=deha_007";p="300101"]Seems pretty good.. I am taking a slight 4 day break from my modding while we are doing testing for finals at school. So I will give your mod a test! :D[/quote]
Thanks! :)

Just wanting to know if the rune drops seem fair or if they are to frequent or if one letter is turning up a lot, etc...

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:28 am

K I will let you know.

fras
Paladin

Post by fras » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:06 pm

Looks very nice its me Kut Ku from settlement and also i have a question is that are runes going to be rarer then another or is its going to be all the same drop percentages or just the number runes or going to be harder to find to make the rune words stronger
Working on a mod its a LAWL Production

IndianaMaggot
Paladin

Post by IndianaMaggot » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:16 pm

[quote=fras";p="301250"]Looks very nice its me Kut Ku from settlement and also i have a question is that are runes going to be rarer then another or is its going to be all the same drop percentages or just the number runes or going to be harder to find to make the rune words stronger[/quote]
All letter runes should have the same chance to drop. Number runes are rarer according to the number as in it willbe easier to get the number 1 rune then it will to be able to get the number 5 rune.

deha_007
Paladin

Post by deha_007 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:18 pm

lol... when there going to be another release I can do? :D The first one was ok.. but the runes didnt drop all that much.. I went through all a1 and only got 1 rune..

IndianaMaggot
Paladin

Post by IndianaMaggot » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:54 pm

Edit: Last post delete because of new information!

BAD NEWS: I'm sad to say that all work that was done during the lsat update is gone... I have lost all interest in continuing this project.

GOOD NEWS: I am going to use some ideas from this mod as well as some I have been throwing around in my head. In a few months you may here from me again.

*Hint* It will consist of a new rune upgrade system... allowing you to make your equipment more powerful! *End Hint*

Please close this mod thread at your earliest convience.

Thanks in advanced.

-IM
Last edited by IndianaMaggot on Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:03 pm

Closed per Modders Request...
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

Return to “The Sandbox”