The 4 Horsemen

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

The 4 Horsemen

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:23 am

We are pleased to open a new thread for the current project by Goldjas. He was last seen working with Mandzo on the MTG mod three years ago, but he has returned to the Keep for another battle with Evil...

The 4 Horsemen

Title: The 4 Horsemen
Creator: Goldjas
Version: Diablo II v1.10 final

Check the File Center for downloads.

Storyline: While I haven't changed the storyline yet, I plan to make a lot of changes in a future update, before version 1.0, and hopefully by version 0.95, it will explain why you are fighting the 4 horsemen and why the final boss is who he is...and such.

Items: All new uniques throughout the mod, there are still a few Hell mode uniques left from vanilla, but those will all be gone by next version. All new sets. Gambling chances are high, many of my friends who played this mod had a blast at collecting all my new sets and uniques. Also, drop chances are higher, and many other small changes.

Skills/Characters: The base of the skills is the same as Vanilla, but I did change and add a good number of them. For the Druid, I completely rearrange his summons line, with Plauge vine being the best vine dealing insane poison damaging, and the spirit wolf being the best wolf, with allowing you to summon 40 of them. The Necromancer has 5 new "unholy" skills that deal magic damage, put over 5 worthless (imo) curses) . Sorceress has 3 new skills I believe, I'm considering adding more to her later, such as maybe an ice hydra, or a fire orb (similiar to the one I gave to the Vampire guys) or something along those lines, but I'm not certain. Barbarian has an earthquake skill and a summon, paladin has a summon and a new aura, and the resists auras are now passive...and other skill changes/additions as well, go discover some yourself:).

Monsters: Almost every monster has been completely changed/reworked/added to in some way. Some normal monsters still remain, but they will be changed or rewrote in the final version for sure, I just haven't gotten to them all yet. Also, many new monsters were added. Have fun with the 5 new act bosses.

code modifications: I just use D2Mod and PlugY, really.

Contact: goldjas@hotmail.com is my e-mail, but ill be checking this thread once its up and posted probably more often then I'll check my email anyway.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

QW_Shadow
Paladin

Re: The 4 Horsemen

Post by QW_Shadow » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:56 pm

Congrats on the new mod, It's alot of fun. I just have 1 concer. You mention in your 0.92 update that you need to make a new character :/

This is the one thing I worry about with updates, I hope this is going to be a one time deal.

goldjas

Post by goldjas » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:06 am

It should be, I don't intend on changing anymore ItemStatCost stuff anymore beyond this, and that's mostly what requires that kind of thing.

Netrogor

Post by Netrogor » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:21 pm

I have encountered an error, it crashes everytime I try to play, every single time. Sorry I am a long time player of Diablo & Diablo 2 & mods but never signed on this forums since I only just discovered this site today. I have PlugY & a D2Mod loader. Everything else is clean install & patched.... everytime I try to play I get this error though :: Don't find Buttons Images File : newStatsInterface.dc6 :: In-between the two semicolons is the error (::) and the single semi-colon is actually part of it (:). So whatever this is, please help me :P

Netrogor

Post by Netrogor » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:22 pm

Okay sorry it took forever to load my post, I hit submit a second time, weird, and I hate my avatar. I am male, I must fix that gay avatar, god I hate it!
Last edited by Netrogor on Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldjas

Post by goldjas » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:53 pm

That sounds like a PlugY thing for sure....does it say that D2Mod and PlugY are installed on the startup screen?

Netrogor

Post by Netrogor » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:04 pm

D2Mod on the bottom left, but PlugY disapears for some reason on down right of start-up screen.

goldjas

Post by goldjas » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:14 am

hmm, yeah, a PlugY problem then. thing is, as it works fine on my computer and my friends computers...have you perhaps, changed around any files or folders? or maybe you have PlugY in your Diablo 2 folder as well? I heard that if its in your default D2 folder it can create conflicts, especially if its a different version.

QW_Shadow
Paladin

Post by QW_Shadow » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:48 pm

I keep on getting this error:

http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/1415/d2error5ln.jpg

everytime I attempt to enter the abyss in the cold plains.

goldjas

Post by goldjas » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:39 am

Strange, it works fine on my version on my computer. Anyone else getting this error? Can you give me more info, like say, what character and what level? Are you sure your version is up to date? Are D2Mod and PlugY working as they should? ptUnit is one of those strange errors that doesn't really refer to anything in particular (its most common in cube recipe crashes I believe though) so it's hard to say whats causing it for you, as it works fine for me.

Remember, when updating to newest version, download 0.9, then 0.91, then 0.92, and unzip in that order.

booter

Post by booter » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:41 pm

Just a few things...

Enjoying this mod a great deal so far, GJ :D

Anyone found out any recipes yet? Are there new recipes other than the socket one?

I get an error sometimes when the game is loading my character..

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:
ACCESS VIOLATION(C0000005)

Can we get this mod posted in its' own area of the forums? Not sure how many people play it yet, but I am loving the $hit out of it.

Thanks.
Last edited by booter on Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currenlty playing: ZY-EL 4.x
Character: ASSASIN_ZYL

goldjas

Post by goldjas » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:15 am

Yeah, that error happens rarely on startup, I'm not 100% sure what causes it, but I have a few good leads.

I'm curious as to what everyone who has played the mod so far thinks about it, I had to dumb down the Act bosses a bit from the originial version on my computer because some classes had a hard time taking them, so are they hard enough? And I think I fixed most overpowered/underpowered issues with the classes, but if you find any, let me know. Oh, by the way, if you gamble for items on Nightmare mode, its always excenptional, and on hell mode its always elite, in case that wasn't in the FAQ.

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:19 am

The real problem causing this error might be written in file in txt file, for example today's file: D2050720.txt

These values are D2, year, month and day.txt
Do you know that every modding question has an answer? Just use the power, click me!
"The Defile" - Forum - currently closed
The best guide for every modmaker!

goldjas

Post by goldjas » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:31 am

Yeah, I looked there, and thats where the my "leads" have came from ;)

oldtimer
Paladin

Post by oldtimer » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:46 pm

Sup guys.
Any chance on some one posting a screen shot or 2?
I am interested in the mod, but my pc is not on line, want to know if this would be worth the trouble of burning to a disk or hauling my pc to the in-laws house :cry:
Also how big is the file so I can estimate dl time and possibly disk space I would need .

Ty for any help here guys.

goldjas

Post by goldjas » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:55 pm

Its a rather large file, I forget the exact size, but the first download is a bit over 100 MB, the updates arent all that large though, just a few MB each if that I think. What exactly would you want screenshots of? the new skills? new enemies? new items?

oldtimer
Paladin

Post by oldtimer » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:18 pm

Ty for the response.
Ok that's not too bad. Was worried it might be like hades underworld and 700+ megs and not be able to get it on any of my disks.
Um as far as screens, all 3 of those would be cool :), but mainly I guess a skill or 2 and a few new items would be fine, if you have time.
If your not sure what to put up, I am kinda partial(sp?) to the strafer zon and conc. barb as far as builds go, so anything to do with 1 of them would be perfect.

kunzen

Post by kunzen » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:47 pm

Hi there.
My comp freezes every darn time the firts blue monster enters the screen in The Clawviper Temple Level2.

Can you fix that :?: :?: :?:

Kinda stuck without the Top of the staff :cry:
My dad is stronger than yours...!!

goldjas

Post by goldjas » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:01 am

The readme for the mod states that you aren't supposed to go into the Desert at all in Act 2, in fact, the Force Dragons and Shadows in there have stats of Act 3 and 4 monsters, and the monsters inside the Claw Viper temple have stats of like, Act 5 monsters...the monster crashing the game is an optional boss that I thought I had fixed but I guess isn't (if he worked theres no way you could've beaten him, his stats are absurdly high)....anyway, I'm surprised you got that far, fairly impressive imo.

You can use the southern sewer entrnace, which brings you inside the castle, which brings you into the arcane sanctuary, where if you kill the summoner, he drops the Horadric Staff.

This is why you read the Read Me that comes with the mod

Edit: Whats the error the monster gives upon crash? It'd make him a lot easier to fix (I don't think I have any characters on hand that can make it to him to test it myself...)
Last edited by goldjas on Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

kunzen

Post by kunzen » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:30 pm

Actually my comp just crashes and i have no other option than to restart it!! I have tried everything that may bring me to "the surface" again but no luck.

Regarding those monsters, i haven't read the readme. Dammit, i forgot again. Whenever i try a mod i play for 30 minutes or so, and then review it, but i got so caught up i simply forgot..........

I'll try remember it next time :lol:
My dad is stronger than yours...!!

goldjas

Post by goldjas » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:47 am

No crash error? Woah, thats weird...

I wonder if I should make the Desert/Claw Viper temple monsters harder...how did you get past them?

oldtimer
Paladin

Post by oldtimer » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:22 pm

Goldjas, am I just s-o-l on getting screen shots or what?
No biggie, you're prob. too busy workin on the mod to worry about postin screenies huh.
Anyway, don't worry bout it, I'm going to just dl it and find out for myself.

goldjas

Post by goldjas » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:05 am

I've been REALLY busy lately and haven't gotten around to it, sorry about that, mayhaps one of the players here who has more time on their hands could do it for me? I'm also waiting on community feedback to find the rest of the bugs and get everyones opinions on what I should all change next (internal testing only finds so much, as we all see from the crash errors here that I've never experienced/noticed)

Zaniuz

Post by Zaniuz » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:12 am

Hi the problem in the Clawviper Temple i got 2.
and the same when getting to the act 4 boss in throne of destruktion...
been figthing them 4 tims today to see if it only wass a one time problem...

well and getting to Clawviper Temple is no problem.. if u start in the deasarts at lvl 18 ure lvl 58 when u get to Clawviper Temple 2 nice wey to lvl thogh fighting clases aint that good there but sorc and ama dont have a problem...

Well sorry about the bad english...

Hope u are finding the problem soon... bcorse its a really really fun mood... and would be like {filtered} if i had to give it up now :-|

btw... my com just freez 2... cant do enything ells than reboot...

i'll just keep looking ewery day fore a new opgrade :D :D
Last edited by Zaniuz on Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

goldjas

Post by goldjas » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:19 pm

Act 4 in boss in Throne of Destruction? Throne of Destruction is in Act 5...are you talking about 4 or 5? Do you mean the final boss or Death? I don't recall etheir of them ever crashing the game before...anyone else experience this? I'll go test it myself later and see what i come up with
Last edited by goldjas on Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Sandbox”