The 4 Horsemen

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Zaniuz

Re: The 4 Horsemen

Post by Zaniuz » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:13 am

in act 5
before u get to the final boss u get to act 1 act 2 act 3 and act 4 bosses dont know what comes after there...
i've just reinstaled it but that diddent help...
but its the same wey it crashes as in the CVtemple in act 2...
the sound still runs... but the picture simply freses and u cant do enything else than reboot...
BTW windowes xp is still running fine running diablo i window mode...

goldjas

Post by goldjas » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:15 am

well, I found what I tihnk was the problem with the 5th boss that "baal" summons. I forgot to include his Graphic with the 0.92 update, so that would obviously cause the game to crash :lol: my mistake.

Anyway, I uploaded the fixed version to the FTP server, and PMed Phrozen to replace the current version of 0.92 thats on Phrozen Keep with the new fixed version with the monsters graphic (so just redownload and reinstall 0.92 then), so hopefully a fixed version will be uploaded before you even read this message so you can get on playing with the mod.

by the way, do you have ICQ or MSN messenger or anything like that? I'd like you to send me the Crash log (diablo 2 logs all its crashes) for the Claw Viper temple 2 crash if you could.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:47 am

The current download for v0.92 in our File Center is the newly fixed version.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Zaniuz

Post by Zaniuz » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:06 pm

Weee Nice its Working :P

Tanx alot :P

well i've send u a pm with my e-mail... u can add me there...

Tanx alot :P

oldtimer
Paladin

Post by oldtimer » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:43 pm

Well, I finally got it dled this weekend. Sofar all I can say is "DAMN".
I am only in act 1 and getting my ___ handed to me. The DOE boss killed me like 6 times b 4 I finally gambled a scepter that rocked his world. Now I'm in Dark Wood and can't even get near that cow you put in there :twisted: before he kills me. I have a lvl 17 pally, is it normal to be that high in DW?
Anyway, lovin ur mod sofar, and if the rest of it is anything like act 1 norm, them I can't wait till you get it finished....

P.S. Anyone have any ideas of what I need to gamble for that might make life a bit easier on my guy. I am using a unique scepter(holy stick?) and a bunch of random set items, normal atk w/ might aura till lvl 24 and I get zeal...

Kulharin
Banned
Paladin

Post by Kulharin » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:10 pm

What do the 4 horsemen look like anyway?

oldtimer
Paladin

Post by oldtimer » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:23 pm

What's the deal with act 1 mercs? I got 1 last night at lvl 16 and she can't equip sh@t. 10 pts in both str and dex with dam of 0-2 at lvl 16.....wtf? Is this a glitch or have you not worked on them yet? I'm not griping but since you upped the lvl to get the good skills, us melee ppl need a little help from our mercs(well I do anyway :( ).....

goldjas

Post by goldjas » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:38 pm

Yeah the mercs are a bit bugged in that version....I would fix them if I knew exactly what it is thats causing them to be like that :x anyway, you could always try gambling for pieces of the Paladin set, I think the weapon is a Broadswoard, I know theres a ring in there, and some kind of shield..and uh....some kind of armor. I know, not much help, but hey, my memory sucks.

Edit: Just looked at the TXT, its ring, Broadsword, Plate Mail, Tower Shield, Helmet, and Light Gauntlets.

Another Edit: I'd just like to point out that the mod is supposed to be fairly rough for difficulty, reason being, since all the items and skills you get are extremely Uber (the paladin especially, his Vigor Aura and Elemental resist auras are passive abilities now!) so now because of that, the enemies are really badass. The cow in Act 1 may need some downgrading though, he can be almost impossible for melee classes to beat, some people just run to the tree, grab the scroll, and leave, heh, I'll probably lower him a bit in the next version.
Last edited by goldjas on Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

oldtimer
Paladin

Post by oldtimer » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:11 pm

Ty for the info.
I'm not complaining about the diff., sofar that is one of the things I like about your mod.....but I hate :x that damn cow. I tryed him with a bowzon with the act5 switch last night and I had to just run past him with her too, so ya I would say maybe you need to dumb him down a bit :)

P.S. Any chance that you'll be posting a list of sets and maybe their base items any time soon?........please?.......lol.

goldjas

Post by goldjas » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:27 pm

Sure, why not, I guess it would make gambling for them easier, but it would ruin the surprise for people that want to "find" things without any help, thus, heres a list of the sets, anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled, don't read it (best way to get sets is gambling, as i said earlier, in nightmare and hell mode when you gamble you get the item of the appropriate level, even if the base item says its not), note that im pasting these from my txt files, so some item names may not be what they are called in game:

Nomal mode:
Elsin's Divinity (Paladin's Set)
Plate Mail
Tower Shield
Broad Sword
ring
Helmet
Light Gauntlets

Altair's Wisdom (Sorceress set)
Orb 2
Buckler
Quilted Armor
Amulet
Leather Boots
Plated Belt

Orion's Bounty (Amazon)
Short Battle Bow
Leather armor
Leather Gloves
Heavy Boots

Sirius' Determination (Barbarian)
Splint Mail
Jawbone Cap
Belt

Archenar's Demise (necro)
Chain mail
yew wand
Decapitated head
Bone Helm

Murt's Shroud (Assassin)
Hard Leather Armor
Cestus
Skull Cap

Allanon's Wrath(Druid)
Studded Leather
Heavy Gloves
Ring
Wolf Head

Mercury's Speed
Chain Boots
Full Plate Mail

Merlin's Intellect
Ring Mail
Cap
Light Plate Boots

Voltair's Accessories
Ring
Ring
Amulet

Garth's Girth
Sash
Bracers
Tower Shield

Sandor's Courage
Ancient Armor
Grim Wand
Large Shield
Great Helmet
Ring

Gemini Twins
Crystal Sword
War Sword

Antares' Will
War Hammer
Gothic Shield

Rugal's Protection
Gothic Plate
Plate Boots
Plate Gauntlets
Heavy Belt
Full Helm
Spiked Shield

Vega's Destruction
Great Sword
Ring
Ring

Urlein's Bane
Halberd
Field Plate
Mask

Nightmare:
The Emu's Awesome (This was a "guest set" as in, I didn't make it, one of my testers did, anyway, its for Amazon)
war Hat
Mage Plate
Sharkskin Boots
Sharkskin Gloves
amulet
Shield

Metatron's Testament (Paladin)
Royal Shield
Templar Coat
Holy Water Sprinker

Lina's Arrogance(Sorceress)
demonhide gloves
grand crown
Serpentskin
Demonhide boots

Gourrey's Total Might(Barbarian)
Embossed Plate
Battle Gauntlets
Espadon
War Boots
Ring
War Belt

Walker's Wisdom(druid)
Barbed Club
Ghost Armor
Amulet

Xellos' Curiosity(Necro)
Demonhide Armor
Amulet
Ring
Ring
Grim Shield

Kakashi's Gaiden(Assassin)
Sallet
Amulet
Hand Scythe
Trellised Armor
Mesh Boots
Heavy Bracers

Three Legendary Meitou
Gladius
Cutlass
nextexcepsword (The exceptional sword after Cutlass, I forget what it is)

Gon's Simple Attire
Linked Mail
demonhide sash
Casque

Miroku's Charms
All large charms

Bul Katho's Wedding Uniform
Chaos Plate
Ring
Amulet
Battle Belt
Battle Gauntlets
Battle Boots

Hell mode, when i made my txt I forget the exact names of a lot of the items, but you should get the picture:
Mario's Audacity (Barbarian)
leather elite
elite boots
elite gloves
Shako

Link's Awakening(Paladin)
elite broad sword
elite chain mail
elite gothic shield
elite skull cap

Samus's Hardware(Amazon)
elite full platemail
elite greaves
elite plate gaunts
elite great helm

Sheik's Visage(Assassin)
elite circlet
elite studded leather
elite sash
elite scissors katar

Luigi's Call of Nature(Druid)
elite helm
elite hard leather armor
elite chain gloves
elite club
elite spike shield
elite plate belt

Zelda's Hidden Power(Sorceress)
elite crown
elite heavy gloves
elite quilted armor
elite heavy boots

Gannondorf's Darkness(Necromancer)
Collossus Sword
elite Gothic Plate
Elite Skull helmet
elite light plate gaunts
Elite Light plate boots
elite belt

oldtimer
Paladin

Post by oldtimer » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:16 pm

Sweet, thanks alot.

Kulharin
Banned
Paladin

Post by Kulharin » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:30 pm

What do the 4 horsemen look like anyway?

oldtimer
Paladin

Post by oldtimer » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:36 pm

Kulharin" wrote:What do the 4 horsemen look like anyway?
Sorry, but I have no clue since I haven't made it out of darkwood yet. I'll try to let you know if/when I get to them.

EDIT: I just remembered another ? I had, did you disable the players 8 function? I tried it last night and it said players set to 0 8-O , not that I could handle players 8, but thought I might use it in stoney field for a few extra lvls b4 I hit the cow :x again, and again, and .......lol
Last edited by oldtimer on Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldjas

Post by goldjas » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:19 am

I tried to make the 4 horsemen resemble their names, (Pestilence looks sickly zombieish, war looks like an armored dude, Death looks like a ghostly spirit type thing, etc.) more or less, and i took the pictures from the place most modders get them. The only one I couldn't find a picture for was Famine, so he just looks like a dragon for now (not the ones in the blood moor), and since Dragons are cool, I will probably keep him that way.

I disabled the Players X function because with it a lot of enemies (namely act bosses) get so much life that they bug and die in one hit. If not for them, I wouldve left it in.
Last edited by goldjas on Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

oldtimer
Paladin

Post by oldtimer » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:52 pm

Ok, I am finally getting some where. I've managed to gamble all of the norm pally set, except the ring. But did get 2 unique rings that are just awsome so it's all good there.
Now I have 2 questions, first on the Orion's Bounty set your list sais that it needs a pair of heavy boots, is that correct? I have sent a few hours gambleing nothing but heavy boots and I only get a unique pair that are for a barb and a few diff. rares but no set piece...... :(
2nd, how deep is the abys(sp?) I spent 2 hrs. and a butt load of healing pots last night and made it to lvl 6. Some mind flayer(not sure if that's right name) hit me with a white star looking thing and a black nova :twisted: and that ended my journey down there. So was I at the bottom or does it go deeper, and is there anything special about it other than a lot of tough monsters?

P.S. The entrance to lvl three in the abys seems to be bugged. When you put the curser on it, it sais "not x-related call Ken" or somthing like that. Didn't seem to cause any problems, but thought you might like to know.

goldjas

Post by goldjas » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:02 am

the not xlated thingy is just a minor string bug. I'll look into it:)

You just have bad luck with the boots.

The Abyss goes down to floor 10, the Earth dragons i believe are of Act 2 and 3 difficulty, but the Beholders are of Act 4 and 5....on the 10th floor you get to fight the Leader of the beholders, whos about as hard as the Boss of Act 5...so don't try to go down all the way until you have finished normal mode, at least, its a little optional area I made, some others include:

The entire Desert of Act 2, ending with the Claw viper temple (summoner drops the whole staff now, and you can to the Palace by taking the southern sewer entrance).

The Dungeon that one of the pieces of Khalim is in in Act 3 (you dont need them anymore, the council members drop the entire flail now)

the Countess' Tower in Act 1

in the Cow level theres an insanely hard boss, don't try to take him on until youve beaten Hell mode, Nightmare mode to the very least.

The difficulty for them probably goes in this order: Abyss, Early Desert, Tower, Late Desert, Act 3 dungeon, Cow level boss. :D :D :) :arrow:
Last edited by goldjas on Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Sandbox”