Welcome to the Hellmouth

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Welcome to the Hellmouth

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:17 am

Here is a mod project with a different theme.

Welcome to the Hellmouth

mod maker: ekkoper
game version: LoD v1.10

Buffy Summers is an ordinary girl with a major job: she is the chosen one, the slayer.
At the beginning, she needs to learn the basics in slaying vampires and some lower level demons. She will get some quests to do for her friends and try to make Sunnydale safe again. She will encounter vampires which can only be killed by specific weapons like wooden stakes and holy water. She will get help from potentials, possible new slayers.
In the second part (“Sweet Vengeance”) she will meet new sorts of demons, especially vengeance demons (demons that help girls by cursing their ex-boyfriends etc).
The third part (“Your initiative”) is about an organization that capture demons and do experiments with them. Some thing may have gone not as planned..
Finally, Buffy will fight a war versus the Hellmouth. She will encounter Ubervamps and other strong demons and vampires.
And the end rises the question: Is there life after final battle? (I think there is)

Characters:
You can’t choose different characters, you can only choose to play with Buffy.

Monsters:
There will be a lot monsters changes through the acts and the game. Also new monsters will be added (used from The Infinitum). An important change is the vampire-aspect in the first act: Vampires are only killable by ‘holy weapons’. Some Buffy bosses will be added, like Drusilla, Glory, The Master.
Some monsters from the Infinitum: Rhinoceros Beetle, Acaste, Aasimar, Abishai, Drider, Elementals, Gnolls, Cats, etc. (a lot)

Items:
Of course there will be new items, especially new images. The ‘holy weapons’ and ‘wooden stakes’ will be added as new weapon types. Also new sets, related to the NPC’s, will be added (like ‘Cordelia’s Fashion’ and ‘Giles Education’).

Runes and Gems:
All the runes will get new names related to syllables of Latin. Combining the right syllables will create.. words! (“Men.tis”, “Ar.tis”, “Ar.bor”). Also there will be special one-syllable-word runes (“vox”).
Some gems will be added with real mineral and gem names (like ‘Aquamarine’).

Skills:
All the good skills are combined. Three different skill trees: Fighting (like: ‘Dragon Talon’, ‘Multiple shot’), Passive/Physical (like ‘X Resist’, ‘X Stat’) and Helpers (like ‘Raven’, ‘Buffybot’)

NPC:
All the NPCs are friends of Buffy. In the first act she will start at her own house with Xander, Willow, Jenny, Giles, Faith and Oz. In the next acts, she will take some of these friends with her and she will meet new ones (like ‘Anya’ and ‘Dawn’).

Quests:
All the quest will be Buffy-related. (like ‘Defeat Gnarl, the skin-ripping demon in the Same Time Same Cave’, ‘Defeat Spike’s ex-girlfriend Harmony and get her ring’)
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

ekkoper
Paladin

Post by ekkoper » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:48 am

Hi all,
as you can see, I started a Mod about Buffy.
It's a rather big project, so every help is welcome..
If you want to help, PM me!
I have a lot of other ideas besides the things you can read above.
At this topic you will be updated about the progress and you can ask question etc..

Hope to see you again.
ekkoper

--edit--
I created the three skilltrees: "Ask for Help", "Lessons for Life" and "Tricks 'n Treats".
A few skills in the "Ask for Help"-tree are: 'Cloak of Shadows', 'Armageddon', 'Summon Grizly', 'Valkrye'
Last edited by ekkoper on Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:51 am, edited 6 times in total.
Dead.

ekkoper
Paladin

Post by ekkoper » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:24 pm

I stopped my project..

If anyone would like to go on, be my guest, PM/mail me for info etc.

Eduard
Dead.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:54 am

A major mod is a big time-consumer, and also requires a lot of personal energy. There are plenty of reasons for putting one to rest, but it always is a let-down if you do so after working hard at it for some time.

I will close this thread. If you return to the project, or another person adopts it, then one of us can reopen the thread.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

ekkoper
Paladin

Post by ekkoper » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:55 am

Hi all!
I just let reopen this thread and together with it, I would like to start again with the mod.
But this time, I don't want to do it alone..
So I'm looking for people which may have some experience in modding (but not neccesary) to join my (one-man) team!
Like you can read, the mod is about Buffy, the vampire slayer..

Interested? PM me or post a message here!

Eduard
Dead.

SilverShadowHell
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SilverShadowHell » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:27 pm

Can you tell us what you need help whit??
WAR!!!!!!!....... don't worry.. I'm working on it
http://iloveshaders.blogspot.com/

ekkoper
Paladin

Post by ekkoper » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:33 pm

Well, I need help with everything..
I think it's cool to make a mod, and especially about Buffy, but it's such a mayor operation that I can't do it alone.
I have a lot of ideas (as you already read, and a lot more), but I can't do it all alone..

The most important things are:
- working out the whole story (is that good English?)
- adding/replacing monsters and their stats
- adding/replacing items and their stats
- changing the quests: speech and rewards
- composing and editing the skills

So, I'm looking for people who would like to do one or more of this thing together with me. Where I am sort of an admin, but they can bring in others ideas and changes of course.

I need someone with:
- knowledge of Buffy
- text-editing skills
- imaging (multimedia) skills
- code-editing skills maybe (for the quests)

So.
Dead.

SilverShadowHell
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SilverShadowHell » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:27 pm

I'm sure that someone must have given you a PM by now but..... if you are interested, I'm free at the moment, I'm not the best skill editor that you can find, but I have a lot of hectic ideas (and I was a fan of Buffy, back in the good old days)

And a question.... what about the good vampire that was Buffy's boyfriend for a while... what are going to do whit him??(sorry but I didn't see a episode in some time, can't remember all names)
WAR!!!!!!!....... don't worry.. I'm working on it
http://iloveshaders.blogspot.com/

ekkoper
Paladin

Post by ekkoper » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:40 pm

Welcome!
(No PM's received yet)
In the Netherlands, where I live, there are now for the third time on tv, so I'm in to it again. Spike must have a 'mayer' role in it.. I thought about replacing him with Tyrael (or something) or maybe use Angel for that.. Don't know exactly..
Last edited by ekkoper on Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dead.

Yiuman

Re: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Post by Yiuman » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:16 pm

Buffy had two vamp boyfriends, Angel and Spike.

And I've PM'd you :)

Maybe one of the quests could be to return Angel's soul? (and maybe fight Angelus in the meantime?). There are lots of quests where this could work, the horaldic malus for example could be replaced by returning Angel's soul to Willow to put back in his body, and so on.

I'd love to play a Buffy flavored Diablo.
Last edited by Yiuman on Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Sandbox”