Anomalies

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Anomalies

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:50 am

And now we present for your consideration:

Anomalies

Modders: Anomaly (Lead), Talcott (Asst)
Compatable with LOD v1.10
Mod currently Alpha v0.01

First off, I must say that no, I did not name the mod after myself, the name was a result of other's opinions based on what my mod would be about. That out of the way, here it is...

Difficulty of this mod has increased compared to vanilla D2 LOD

Storyline:
Simply put, it's as if you never killed the prime evils. Some strange unknown force has essentially brought you back in time. Other strange anomalies are occurring as a result of the time fracture. Old, untapped powers formerly used by the Horadrim are being revealed...The cube is the vital piece...Use these strange anomalies to help you combat the Prime Evils once again...
(ok, there goes my creativity for the next month or so... :roll:

Items:
-New Item Class, Anomaly Stones. Use these and the cube to upgrade equipment. Although it will take a very long time to upgrade, you can make some powerful stuff.
-New level of Gems beyond Perfect - Enchanted Gems (gems are now useful in creation of Anomaly Stones)
-Changed a few stats for Runes, added a new one, more to come
-New Potion - Functions similar to Rejuves, but health/mana specific
-Rune Drops increased
-various other random item changes (stack qty, stuff like that)
-TPs have been REMOVED - dont sweat yet...this is intended to be a difficulty mod...explanation on my forums, see bottom for url
-Gem Bags to store Enchanted Gems, buyable in any act/difficulty, but not cheap
-New uniques and sets will be added to prevent there being a single "end game item" that is better than all other choices

Skills:
-Some Rebalancing, such as mana costs, reducing enormously overpowered skills *cough*blessed hammer*cough*
-Cold mastery now does +% dmg instead of -% resist
-Lvl requirements increment by 8, rather than 6

Characters:
-Health/mana gain per lvl and vit/eng point has been increased where applicable. Melee chars gain more life, casters gain more mana, and chars that can be either gain a balanced amount.
-Characters start off with the cube
-Reduced effectiveness of Leech in Nightmare/Hell
-Resist penalties set at -25/-75/-150

Monsters:
-Overall Difficulty increased (dmg, hp, ac, hit chance all increased)
-Exp increased in later difficulties
-Considerable Health Regen on nearly all monsters

Mapping:
-Many new areas are planned, such as a separate arena to fight izual in, and other areas to lengthen the end of act 2,3, and 5, and other similar areas to increase the over length, difficulty and variance
-Maze sized increases in later difficulties

Music: 5 New music tracks, however I have nowhere to host a file large enough to include the music

Code Edits:
-Removal of the 1 lvl cap on Ancients quest reward
-Changed Character difficulty level titles (Slayer, Champion, etc)
-Edit to allow new music

Credits: Plugin includes inventory sizing by Zhoulomcrist and the Baron-Josh Hireling discovery
-D2mod system is used, specifically with the extended levels plugin

I have not had sufficient time to extensively test the difficulty of this mod, so feedback of that nature will be greatly appreciated

I have a Forum of my own set up, but at the time it has not been made known to players. The URL is http://anomalies.forumer.com
An alpha download is available via the link on my forum, however i have nowhere that can host a file large enough to hold the music. The download, therefore, does not contain the updated music.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

The-Anomaly

Re: Anomalies

Post by The-Anomaly » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:02 am

Thx for setting up the topic, Myhrginoc. I hope to get this mod running a little faster, as I have nearly convinced 2 of my other friends to take over creation of new Uniques, Sets, and other easy yet tedious tasks.

Thx again, I hope this can turn out to be a great mod, as many other mods on these forums have!

[Edit]: Just a small progress report.
-Mercanaries have full item slots now
-in the process of making Gem bags have the ability to store any quality of gem (almost complete)
-Gloves, boots, and belts are socketable with 3, 3, and 1 sockets respectively
-Diablo 1 Fallens are back. Find them in the catacombs
-Currently in the process of adding in all Ladder-only Bnet Runewords

And...Welcome Falcon to the modding team! He and Talcott will be taking over Unique/Set creation so I can concentrate on the more complex tasks

[EDIT2] Update: 3/02/05
-Ability to socket items through cube recepie and new "Socket tool". Adding socket X requires X Socket Tools. Sockets are added 1 at a time
-added system of "Cursed" Items. High level uniques with no properties....when uncursed, they will become powerful items. Method of uncursing not to be released.
-Added casting delays to Static Field, Bone wall/prison, and traps
-changed around exp system...exp penalty starts 10 lvls later than before, but the penalty follows a steeper curve. Exp boost in lvl 1-8 to get to 2nd tier skills faster, but still force a little bit of low lvl killing.

[EDIT3] Update: 3/19/05
Mostly have been working on item additions....uniques, runewords, etc
Also been spending some time working out random bugs that worked themselves in
And, Just to let you guys know that this hasn't died, and isn't near it either. It's just slowing down a little, as my support from friends toward the item creation is dwindling...

[EDIT 4] Update:4/25/05
Wow, I just about forgot about this topic in here... :-|
anyways, the mod is still alive, although it has slowed. I am now having to take on the whole mod on my own, as my 2 friends that were helping, have decided to do no more than test it...
Couple new things...New graphics for some necro summons, and am sorting out an entire new set of skill icons, just becuase the vanilla ones are starting to get old. New graphics for some new (and some old) monsters.
stupid Gem Bags are giving me a really hard time...but they will be in there...yes, they will :OI:

and now, a last smiley, just becuase it looks cool :numchaku:
Last edited by The-Anomaly on Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:00 am, edited 7 times in total.
First mod attempt }} Diablo 2: Anomalies [Alpha Stage v0.04] and coming up strong...

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Anomalies

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:06 pm

Both this thread and the modmaker's own forum haven't seen much activity since last Spring. I am sorry to say it appears he has followed the siren call of Other Pursuits. We'll stash this thread until such time as he may return to the modding fold.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “The Sandbox”