The Cult's Revenge

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

The Cult's Revenge

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:52 am

Introducing a new project from superdylan2002:

The Cult's Revenge

Project title: The Cult's Revenge
Modders: superdylan2002
version: D2 Lod 1.10

Story
Your new to this land so you decided to join a cult to get used to the strange customs in the land. YOu join a Cult called "the Holy Detta" and you enjoy it. You were called away to another world named Terra Veda from a Vision you had one night as you slept. You were trapped there by a Stranger named Lichor, and then 3 years passed by. You finally excaped the prision from all the training you had while staying there from a roommate named Parsons. Michael Parsons. You find the intersteller planet transporter and gulp as you walk through it. Your transported to a town that looks as if it is a small camp. The land it's self reminds you of the Beautiful Holy Detta, But you see no gorgious Buildings, Only tents. Confused, you walk over to a man who calls himself Miah(warriv in vinilla) and he tells you that in the past three years, a constant war was goign on between the Cult Holy Detta Who took thier revenge of thier dead Mouth(king, mayor, what ever ya wanan call it, a top ranking paladin) and took on the Factivian Army. The Holy Detta was destroyed, and millions apon millions were dead. The thing was, they did stay dead. The Commanding Officer from the Factivian Army had Created a Device That re-animated the cells in dead bodies. "He, He changed them all, factivian and holy detta people all alike, it was horrific, i ran for my lifffe(spelling on purpose) and found a cammmp, which is here" says miah as you walk away, and your revenge against the now Largest Empire in the world, Factivia, is set in your mind. You will revenge the deaths of the Holy Detta, one way or another.

Monsters
I dont have too much experience with modding but i am goign to learn how then ill update about it then.

Skills
-new skills for every class(some of the sections may be changed as well)
-the amount of skills you will earn per level will be increased to 4 at this point.
-now the reason i raised it to 4 is because of this, the maximum skill level skills can reach will be anywhere from 35-50, i havent decided yet
-if i learn how, ill make teleport available in town, as well as some other things;)
-im going to actually ADD some skill prerequsites so it makes the skills more complete.

Items
-i have already added more than 100 items to the game and am adding more
-some items have different graphics but have the same name(so becareful when you just eave items on the ground and dont bother looking at them ;) )
-cant have a mod without new uniques
-same goes with sets :P
-more cube recipes such as 1 socketing token + a set weapon = 1 socketed set armor (which will go nice with my runewords for sets and uniques)
-runewords are available in any kind of item set, unique, you name it.
-new runewords

Misc.
-hopefully my friend will pull through and we will get a new menu screen
-increased invintory size, as well as cube
-plugy is in this baby
-so is d2mod(SVR is a GOD...no really ;) )

Maps
-Im not that talented with maps so ill be using plugins if i need to. Atleast untill i learn how to make maps myself.

Modders can join
-anyone can join my mod if they like, just either pm me or post in this thread
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

superdylan2002
Paladin
Location: im my desolate room, no lights, no music, JUST ANGER, i've killed everyone....

Post by superdylan2002 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:09 am

thanks Myhrginoc
and just to let people know, i added 232 items today, and added something new called a socketing token(atleast it is new to me lol) they WILL be spawned as much as a charm would.

I am also looking for a skill modder, a monster modder, and a map modder, i CAN do skills but i figured if i had a whole team going we would be way more efficent :)

i would also like to point out that me and my friend are making a website WITH a fourm of it's own on my mod http://crevenge.tripod.com but it is just being made so ugh, check in every once in a while

YAY! congrats to DarkIndiglo for joining the team! everyone be nice to the lad since it looks like he's new here :D

I have taken a break from adding items to the game to get to the jucier part of modding.......SKILLS. so be expecting so new skill info
i have added a spiralnova to the sorc's(spell-fire mage in game)skill tree, and i must say it looks pretty cool:)
Last edited by superdylan2002 on Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

superdylan2002
Paladin
Location: im my desolate room, no lights, no music, JUST ANGER, i've killed everyone....

Post by superdylan2002 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:17 am

i dont know if i am allowed to double post in here or not, but my other message was getting crowded and i have great news so....
I ACTUALLY added a NEW monster with a NEW token! it's your b-day it's ur b-day :new-bday: . i added diablo from the original diablo. WOOHOO. i think im going to put him in the new tower, and since he is going to be hard, ill upgrade the tower drops increasingly, if not, greatly, dinners ready so see ya
~Dylan

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:10 am

i dont know if i am allowed to double post in here or not
If the time interval is relatively short and/or your topic is high on the list, then it would be better to edit your post instead of posting again, thanks.

superdylan2002
Paladin

Post by superdylan2002 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:50 am

i released a beta. Version: .1a BETA will now be available in the download section of my site, the link is in my signiture, or go here http://crevenge.tripod.com i did this to just sorta get some feedback and a list of errors and or bugs you may get. the fetures are, a hard new monster in blood moor (didnt change it to the tower yet) about 232 NEW items, not replaced, and 2 new skills for the paladin, and 2 for the sorc, once again, this is JUST to get feedback, the mod is still in progress, and is in shambles at the moments, no organization in the skills department so the new skills will be available at level 1 and so on. Post all feedback here please, and lots of it:)

~ AMAZING UPDATE~ it is unbelieveable, i actually did.....MAP EDITING! I added a superunique (da butcher) to tristram. The story behind that is, he is a lower level general of the factivian army(when i get to it im going to have HORDES of monsters in tristram...you wont like it there very much te he) and he is the leader. i have his sounds, the butchers weapon(a unique) and his sidekick (guess who!?) is somewhere else in town as well as a bunch of privateer's running around and the people who are in charge of them (THUS a horde)
Thats it for now i guess, im going to add another super unique and put diablo in the new tower entrance
~Dylan
Last edited by superdylan2002 on Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Re: The Cult's Revenge

Post by Volf » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:40 am

Q -Skills: Could you tell us a bit about the new skills

Q -Items: Some screenshots would be nice, could you give an example of what kind of stuff the player might run into

Q -Maps: You mentined you dont master mapping yet, but still could you tell us what plans you have for the maps
Last edited by Volf on Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

superdylan2002
Paladin

Post by superdylan2002 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:25 am

aight finally some feedback lol,
skills- i am working on them now as we speak, i plan to have tons of non class skills
items-ill take a few of em and add em to my gallery in a short bit:)
mapping- i actually made my own custom tristram a lil while back, shortly after i updated the beta. i MAY need to decrease the amount of monsters in trist because it is unbelievable how many i have........can you say 700+? lol

guess ill update now,
~UPDATE~ well things were a lil bit shaky (still are) but hopefully i just figured out how to make a transformation type skill, when i succeed with that, you'll see atleast 50+ more of them in the near future. i plan to make or find and match new skill icons as well as get my mapper.graphic designer to make some more maps and hopefully make me some new graphics:)
as for monsters i plan to add more monsters(i added the butcher and diablo from diablo 1) add as in new tokens of course :D.
but keep the feedback coming, and i know about the loading screen, it went to hell and back.....no it actually just stayed there. im goign to make a new one as soon as possible(just made a menu screen :D)
But just to let you know volf, that beta was basically to show you all the new items i added and what i accomplsihed so far.
oh by the way, i also changed the names of all the characters to archer, mercenary, enchanter, warrior, dark knight, spell fire mage spit fire mage in the order on the char selection screen, left to right

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri May 27, 2005 1:54 am

It is possible The Cult caught up with Superdylan2002...he hasn't been seen in these parts lately. A topic lock has been applied until his return to the battle. As ever, contact a senior staffer to resurrect this thread.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:07 pm

Unlocked on author's request.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

superdylan2002
Paladin

Post by superdylan2002 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:10 pm

ah thank you. if you wanna get the basc idea of the mod right now it's chaos lol. Trying to remember all ym skills, get all my programs back and so on. i just added a few recipes to and two items that go with it. a set token and unique token. im going to most likely use this right here as my fourm and the site will probably and hopefully be updated alot.... if you wanna check out what i have so far, look at my signiture, the bottom link called new site :mrgreen:

SilverShadowHell
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SilverShadowHell » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:17 am

Interesting..... nice intro :D
Now a few questions....:

1)Mercs?? Any info on those??

2)And what other skills you have in mind??

3)And for that matter, does that beta still exist?? Should we download it or not? Is it in any Way related to "your return" mod??
WAR!!!!!!!....... don't worry.. I'm working on it
http://iloveshaders.blogspot.com/

superdylan2002
Paladin

Post by superdylan2002 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:31 pm

thanks for feedback, welp,
1) Mercs: yes i am goign to change them around alot i hope, i want to find different graphics for them, im going to be looking for more of a rough looking rebel kind of thing. maybe possible the archer will stay, but im looking for all of them to be replaced eventually
2) in the end.. im hopefully going beable to say thing about skills, "think of one and ill show you" :mrgreen: nost of them will be only accessible by items dropped on the ground, meaning you have to PICK how much room space you want, you have to PICK the charms/armor/weapons you want to use creating more of a customizable game, the user can't have everything without atleast a little bit of nothing
3) the beta DOES still exisit, it's where im starting off again. As i have concluded, you would need to deleted all the bins and then play and what you would get is havoc. the game plays, and all my items are still in there, but the NPC's are flooded with items, and just basically a big mess. Straighten most of it out and i've added a few sets, that will be forced dropped by corpsefire (the lil old zombie in den of evil) lemme explain it a lil better. I'm gonna have it so that there is a encampment of lesser demons. The leader stole a "set" of equipment from a rebel soldier. Each difficulty the equipment changes and get's better ranking from soldier-general-commander :)

i would also like to add that i AM accepting help on this mod so if anyone wants to help me just go to my contacts...which reminds me i have to change some of them...thanks

-UPDATE- i just finished painstakingly re editing ALL of my new armor items. i changed thier ac, level upgrades everything pretty much so it's more fit i hope. I plan to do this for the weapons to, but not for a while, i need a break from doing that, especially considering all the new weapons. so im on to something else...skills maybe, who knows

-UPDATE- also about the beta still exisiting on my old site(2nd link in my signiture i think...) you CAN download it if you wish. It is VEry similar to vanilla besides tosn of new items(that aren't balanced yet) cramped NPCs(you'll understand if u look at what they are selling) and alot of the stuff i did HAS been deleted, i believe the tristram map was deleted(im guesing i modded the game after the beta was released first time around) sooo im going to check some stuff right now so yeah:-) :mrgreen:
Last edited by superdylan2002 on Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

superdylan2002
Paladin

Post by superdylan2002 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:42 am

been busy, lots of homework, girls, you know the routine...i'll get around to the mod as soon as possible reallly busy

Return to “The Sandbox”