Embodiment of Power: The Final Twilight

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:50 am

ChaoticDeath returns to the fold with plans for a new mod.

Mod Maker: ChaoticDeath

I've began work on a new mod for version 1.10. I was hoping this mod might make get its own non-hosted topic? This new mod is entitled "Embodiment of Power: The Final Twilight".

Features

-ENTIRELY new or modified skills for every class
-Necromancer class change: Hell Angel
-Druid class change: Astrologer
-Paladin class change: Holy Swordsman
-Barbarian class change: Monk
-Assassin class change: Ninja
-Monster importancy. Each monster has a chance to drop its own charm, weapon, armor, and potion. Each weapon has at least three different unique versions, the same with armor. Ex: A Fallen can drop a Fallen Blade, a magical Fallen Blade, a rare Fallen Blade, or three different unique versions of a Fallen Blade. Also, Super Uniques will have their own unique items (though not three different versions).
-Elemental Stones: Stones containing elemental properties, including Pyro, Psy, Barrier, Frost, Spark, and Venom. There will also be crafting used to make a potion form of the stone, and a glass form of the stone.
-Rune letter shards: Runewords will be created through the spelling of words. You can buy "rune shards" and mix them with an "empty shard" to create a rune of that letter.
-Craft Materials: Around 100 or so materials for crafting purposes have been included to allow further customization of characters.
-POSSIBLE FEATURE (not sure yet): Soulstones for all monsters (including seperate for nightmare and hell) have been created. If I can receive some help code-wise, I will make it so that when you mix the Soulstone with an Empty Necklace and use it as an amulet, it will transform you into the monster, and give you some of this monsters skills.
-New skill icons
-New sidequest: Chaos Brothers
-New monsters/graphics for monsters

Completed work:

-All Sorceress skills
-All Paladin skills
-One tab of "Hell Angel" skills
-Two tabs of "Astrologer" skills
-All soulstones created
-Materials created
-Elemental Stones created
-Rune letter shards created

I plan on working on the features in this order:

Skills
Monster Items/Unique Items
Cube Recipies
Runewords
Balancing/Adding Monsters
Monster Drops
Other miscellaneous set/unique items
All other little tid bits (side quests, map editing maybe, NPC text)

Later,
CD :)
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:05 am

Thanks a bunch Myhr. Hopefully this one will be more successful than the last. ;) Anyways, tomorrow I begin working on the last tab for the Astrologer class, which is "Gravity Skills". This tab, along with the other Time Skills and Astral Skills tab, make this character very unique.

For some screens of skills that have mostly been completed (without new skill icons) check out my personal photo album, and feel free to leave a comment.

Lastly before I go (it's sorta late here. ;) ), if anyone would like to join the team or offer services for modmaking to me, I'd be greatly appreciated. But, nonetheless, with or without help, the mod will eventually get done. If I can stay motivated, I can work quite diligently.

Anyways, thanks again, and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them.

-A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Embodiment of Power: The Final Twilight

Post by kingpin » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:37 am

Good to see you back, congratz with your "new" project :)

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:58 pm

Thanks king. ;)

I forgot to mention: I've also added entirely new music for a better experience.

I need ideas on what Ninja skills I should use. My three tabs are going to be as follows:

Ninja Magic
Ninja Traps
Ninjitsu Attacks

Right now I need ideas on Ninjitsu Attacks. Should I stay with charges or not? If so, what should the charges do? If not, what should the attack do instead? I'm looking for unique ideas, so don't use ones that the game already used before. ;)

CD

EDIT: Shurikens will be a throwing weapon added to the game also.

EDIT2: Once the mod is released, there will be different patches for bug fixes (obviously). However, I will also be adding new things once every 3 to 5 patches, and I will call these "Features Updates". Each Features Update will add hopefully new items, monsters, superuniques and cube recipies. Also, each will be named, change the title screen and title music of the mod. So, for example, the original mod might say "Embodiment of Power: The Final Twilight" on the title screen and have a certain music song. However, after the features update, it will say "Embodiment of Power: The Final Twilight" and below it "(Insert Name of Features Update Here)" with a different background and title music. :) I've alreay completed one Astrologer gravity skill, and hope to get two to four more done tonight. :mrgreen:
Last edited by ChaoticDeath on Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:52 pm

Hey again!

ahem

Progress Update 10.11.04 (mm/dd/yy)

The Astrologer now has three new skills completed, hopefully at least 5 by the end of the day. ;) Also, for the Hell Angel (Necromancer) class, the tabs will be as follows:

Dark Magic (completed)
Death Rituals (passives)
Abyss Callings (summons)

The Death Rituals will contain passives that support the character, and some passives that are like an aura version of the curses, except they are always on. :twisted:

Lastly, the most recent skill pictures are always in my photo album, the newest right now being "Split Personality", an Astrologer gravity skill.

EDIT: Abyss Callings will be a little different than normal summons. With 10 skills of them, they will each be passive, and give you a chance to reanimate a monster on its death. You will gain .5% chance to reanimate a monster you kill everytime you level up the skill. The skill max is 10%, but since there are 10 different versions of this skill, you will always end up reanimating the monster as one out of 10 possible monsters. Also, the Death Rituals last (level 30) skill will be titled "Ultimate Vengeance". It will be a passive, that at level 20, has a 100% chance to kill the monster that killed you when you die. So if this skill is level 10 when you die, there is a 50% chance that that monster will die. :twisted:

Comments?

EDIT2: Just thought I should let you all know. I should finish up the Gravity skills tonight, completing the Astrologer class altogether. of course, I doubt all the skills will be balanced, but that is what beta testers are for. ;)

EDIT3: Curious for all those out there that are keeping track of the mod (you guys even out there? :P ) and hope to play it one day, I was wondering if I should keep skill requirements and/or synergies. I never enjoyed synergies too much, but it looks like with the way the skills are affecting monsters in hell mode that they will probably be needed. But skill requirements I'm not sure on. They make you waste possible skill points, however, it makes it so you must get a skill to continue so you don't only get the best skills around.

Watcha think?
Last edited by ChaoticDeath on Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:04 am

If you don't like the synergies, dump them. For beefing up Hell level performance, you might try greater ramping up of each individual skill in the third and fourth skill level blocks, then leveling out in the last block so they don't get infinitely powerful. Let skills progress past slvl 20, and you might use one of the skpts/lvl DLL plugins (or create your own skpts/lvl scheme). The best use of synergies (imho) is to meld different skill effects into a single cast, otherwise it is just another way to ramp up a skill.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

New Member!!

Post by ChaoticDeath » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:38 pm

A new member has joined the mod. Everyone, please welcome Malachai29 to the team. He will be creating monster weapons and armors for the time being. :) This will greatly reduce the time taken to complete the mod with another person helping out. His assistance is priceless.

Tonight I will prepare a storyline and post it up here, so check back later!

CD :mrgreen:

Story:

“Bastards,” you mumbled as you walked away from the meeting of the Prime Evils. As a lesser evil, you had always wanted to become one of them. You trained hard, every day and every night, honing your skills to perfection. After a few weeks, you began to notice a change in yourself. You were becoming very powerful, enough to challenge Baal himself. A month later of continued training, you appeared to the Prime Evils, requesting a position to join them in their demonic domination. They first had you show them your skills, which you did, and quite well too. After they tested your knowledge and strength, they locked you away in a room while they discussed the situation at hand. Seconds turned to minutes, and minutes to hours. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the door to the cell opened. The Prime Evils awaited you, and after a heated discussion with them, you stormed toward the exit of the Zakarum temple.
“Bastards,” you mumbled again. You recalled the conversation with them again.

“You are very strong indeed, creature” growled Diablo, “but perhaps not strong enough. The challenge of heroes and good may overwhelm you when the time comes. You must remain calm and patient, suppressing all emotion to vanquish your enemy.”
“To be honest, you did remarkably well” hissed Mephisto, “and you would be an incredible asset to our team.”
“However, we do not need any help at the moment,” said Baal. “When we need more power, which won’t be for a long time, let me assure you, we will call on you. But don’t get your hopes up too high. No one yet has been strong enough to defeat us, and I doubt there ever will be.” Baal chuckled.

Suddenly, on the way out, something clicked in your head. No one can ever have too much power you thought to yourself. They’re hiding something… and I know just what it is. They fear me! The Prime Evils are afraid of me! They know that I’m already becoming more powerful than all three of them, and they don’t want to give me the opportunity to rebel and overthrow them, becoming the ruler of all evil! You laughed out loud, and turned around to face them one last time.
“Fools!” you shouted. “Now I get it. You fear me! Well, I suggest you get even more afraid, for when I return, all of you will die!”

You never got the chance to return.

As you were nearing the exit, a bolt behind shocked you and knocked you unconscious.

You awoke days later, at the Rogue Encampment. As you stood up in the tent, you noticed something was different. It was your powers. They were gone. All your hard training just went down the drain. Your body began to shake with anger and frustration. You decided to get vengeance. With your fists clenched, you stepped out of the tent with only one thing on your mind: Revenge.

-----------------------------

Any comments? :D

CD

EDIT: 1337 posts. :) Also, another feature in the mod will be Clue Scrolls. However, the clue scrolls will be in Latin and may speak in riddles. They will reveal secret cube recipies, runewords, and maybe the location of secret areas... :twisted:

EDIT2: Forgot to mention this. There will be two updates from myself and Malachai a month. He will e-mail me his updates, and I will combine them to make a post. Each update will be on the 15th and 30th of the month, unless it's some really big update that requires immediate attention. Thanks.

CD
Last edited by ChaoticDeath on Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:13 am

Thanks CD, I will do my best to please! :)

I can tell already, and I just started working on them, that we shall be in conference quite a bit! :) I realize you will be putting in the magic modifiers and everything, but for base damage and armor, I guess that falls to me....

Well everyone, wish me luck, here goes nothing! :lol:

Malachai
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:26 am

Once again, new blood has been found. Everyone, please extend a warm-welcome to our new webmaster, Xenast!

Back to missiles gfx fixing... :roll:

Xenast
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Xenast » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:40 am

Thanks for the welcome CD :)

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:03 am

Okay everyone, real quick before I'm off to bed, just wanna announce a few things and need some feedback.

Alright, I'm still considering the fact of "sealing" unique items, and then having the "unsealed" version of them. This would be finding a unique item, but it doesn't really have any good properties until you find an item and mix with it to "unseal" it. So far I like the idea though. :)

Also, I've fixed my missile graphics today so they stop blinking. I'm going to work on Necromancer skills tomorrow.

Plus, the many prefixes and affixes. I will be adding/creating many new unique stats. Some of the following examples of what they might do:

chance to cast Time Stop on hit
chance to reanimate as Diablo on kill
chance to kill on hit (based on character level)
chance to add an extra stat point on death
chance to cast any skill on hit
swaps hp/mp
increases amount of exp gained
increases amount stat points gained on level
turns invisible (Invisible Cloak, anyone?)
berserks monsters
contains secret skill

Lastly, secret skills will be introduced... :twisted: More information on these pwoerful assets later.

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:42 pm

Thanks to Xenast for this great idea. There will now be a new concept for elemental stones.

The potion version of that elemental stone, as we know, upgrades your character's stats permanently, by a small amount to avoid abuse, hopefully. Now, there is also a counterpart to the potion that is made from the stone, which is the glass.

The glass will craft it's powers into the item, yes, but in a unique way. Each stone will "Upgrade" the item. For example:

You mix a first level Pyro Glass with a weapon. This upgrades the weapon 2% with first level fire. You can max it out at 100%. Once 100%, the weapon will have a property saying:

First Level Fire (not exactly what it's going to say) Upgrade: 100%

You can then upgrade three levels of fire on an item, since there are three levels of fire. Each glass will do different properties of that element.

But wait, that's not it. You can also have different elements on the same item.

You can have an item like the following:

First Level Fire: 100%
First Level Ice: 100%
Second Level Shock: 60%

Just a sneak peek at the more customization in EOP:TFT. Any comments?

Last edited by ChaoticDeath on Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hammoric

Post by Hammoric » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:20 am

I reckon this mod would be brilliant when its polished up and finished. I think your storyline is mint. I'm just lost about the glass upgrades, is fire, ice and shock the element damage or something else?

Anyway keep working on this, it would be great if this made it through.
Hammoric Bowed His Head And With A Firm Voice Said "I Am The True Willmaster"

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:31 am

I plan on having it make it through. :)

There are 6 elements for upgrading items.

Pyro (Fire)
Shock (Lightning)
Frost (Cold)
Venom (Poison)
Psy (Magic)
Barrier (Physical)

CD :twisted:

P.S. It's good to have a fan!

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:16 am

CD, just so you k|\|ow, my keys are dead right |\|ow....goi|\|g to get a |\|ew o|\|e o|\| friday so I ca|\| co|\|ti|\|ue work. I hate whe|\| this happe|\|s.

Malachai

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:55 pm

Sorry to hear that bud. Hope everything works out for you.

To everyone else, I've been a bit slow on the Necromancer skills lately. I hope to do some decent work on them tonight, school work permitting... :roll:

CD

P.S. Phantom Brave is an awesome game! 8-O :) :mrgreen:

EDIT: Ultimate Vengeance

Update on everything going on so far tomorrow... :)

EDIT2:

Update:10/29/04 (mm/dd/yy)

The only reason this is on the 29th instead of 30th is because I'll be out of town this weekend, and won't get back till either late Sunday or Monday afternoon. I'll be testing for my 3rd degree black belt. Anyways, on with the update.

SKILL WORK:

Since last time, the Astrologer class has been completed. Also, the Hell Angel class now has two tabs of skills completed, leaving only one remaining. One of the first passives, Tainted Blood, adds 10% extra life for every level. So, at level 20, you gain an extra 200% life!! However, the rest of the passives require 2% of max life for every level. So you might get added speed from some passives, but you'd lose 40% of your max life. This hopefully balances the Hell Angel a bit more. Also, I'm not sure if the reanimate property is possible as a skill. If not, then just expect summons, except not requiring a body.

ITEM WORK:

Check with Malachai. :P Go bug him. :)

MISCELLANEOUS WORK:

None really...

Primary focus at this time for me is skills. Later peoples.

EDIT3: I've decided on what the Abyss Callings will be. They will be a variety of mages, only one allowed (maybe two) at a time. There will be a "Fire Mage" "Lightning Mage" "Cold Mage" "Gravity Mage" "Time Mage" "Astral Mage" "Aura Mage" and finally, a "Chaos Mage". If there is any skills left for extras, there might be a "Healing Mage" or a "Fighter Mage".

Comments?
Last edited by ChaoticDeath on Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:29 am

Thanks CD! :) Work was stalled this past week, due to a keyboard malfunction that would not let me type n or b. I got a temporary keyboard from one of my friends, but its not much better. I will be able to continue work on items at least, and that is the main thing. I have started playing with the idea of having certain monster items giving certain characteristics that would coincide with the monster itself, such as a burning dead would drop a shield with some fire absorb, whereas a horror would drop something with some lightning absorb, and for weapons, it would be damage....still playing with this idea as I still write out the basic weapons and armor, gonna go back through and put in the stats for them after I get them all typed out. Before my keyboard malfunction, I think I had gotten through the act 2 monsters as far as armor goes, but that was working around some real life issues at the same time....kids get sick and the household goes to hell real quick like...

Questions, comments...would love to hear some ideas if ya got them!

Malachai

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:39 pm

I think I had gotten through the act 2 monsters as far as armor goes
Whoa! 8-O You're a pretty fast worker. Is this including nightmare and hell?

At this rate, you'll be done in no time!!

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:01 pm

I wish I were that fast, but I am only through normal...I should be able to pick a little more speed the more I get into it again though....

Any particular items for armor you want any monsters to drop while I am thinking on it?

kearnzz15

Post by kearnzz15 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:39 pm

Hey dudes im really looking forword to your mod i would offer my help but i dont know anything about mods lol but i am trying to learn and keep posting your progress please i know there are hundreds of ppl waiting on your completed mod

MSI Magus
Paladin

Post by MSI Magus » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:31 am

About your request for Ninja skill trees I say do it like this.

Ninja Magic
Tacks and Guns
Ninjitsu(melle fighting)

This would make the Ninja class closest to real Ninjas which were known for their skills with guns and stars, hand to hand/sword fighting and their magic. Also would make the Ninja class an oddity among the Diablo 2 universe since unlike all the other classes save maybe Druid his style could vary greatly being played as a caster, ranged class or fighter.....or a blend!

Another intreasting thought that came to me while typing this.....though this might take some work and might not even be possible would be to take this class a step further with its realism and make it skill/stat reliant. Imagine making the Ninja equipment(both armor and weapons)harder to come by and not nearly as good as the other classes however to make up for this the Ninja starts with much higher stats, a few extra skill points and at lvl up the Ninja gains more skill and stat points then the other classes. This would also make it so that you could invest in all three skills making a true Ninja that is a good caster, fighter and with ranged weapons not a blended bastard child since your forced to be a specialist to be good in late game.

Just thought of that while on the idea of the three trees. This would make the class very unique and also true to what a Ninja is. Reliant on his skills not his tools.

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:26 pm

Any particular items for armor you want any monsters to drop while I am thinking on it?
Nope. I trust your judgment. :)
Hey dudes im really looking forword to your mod i would offer my help but i dont know anything about mods lol but i am trying to learn and keep posting your progress please i know there are hundreds of ppl waiting on your completed mod
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Although I don't think there are hundreds of people waiting on it. ;)
Tacks and Guns
For the "Guns", if I was to use this, I'd probably make it for the use of bows and/or crossbows. Tacks, I assume you mean shurikens or throwing stars?
This would also make it so that you could invest in all three skills making a true Ninja that is a good caster, fighter and with ranged weapons not a blended bastard child since your forced to be a specialist to be good in late game.
Real ninja magic (kuji-in) takes an entire lifetime to master all of it. ;)

I'll think about the idea of extra stats and skills though... we'll see.

EDIT: Would anyone like to see the amazon changed to a summonress class? (or whatever the feminine version of the word "summoner" is.) The tabs would be

-Offensive Summons
-Defensive Summons
-Melee Skills

CD
Last edited by ChaoticDeath on Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSI Magus
Paladin

Post by MSI Magus » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:27 pm

For the "Guns", if I was to use this, I'd probably make it for the use of bows and/or crossbows. Tacks, I assume you mean shurikens or throwing stars?
Yes by tacks I meant stars and shurikens. And if you went with bows and crossbows that would be cool too, Ninjas were known to use them as well as guns. I just suggested Guns since 1. They often were used and 2. It would give them an equipment class all of their own.
Real ninja magic (kuji-in) takes an entire lifetime to master all of it. ;)

I'll think about the idea of extra stats and skills though... we'll see.
Thats cool, do what ya like. I just thought it was a cool idea since no one has ever done anything like it before and because it fits the Ninja well. As you said it takes the Ninja a lifetime to master his magic.......but it also takes a lifetime to become that good with his other skills. So making him reliant on his stats and skills would make it like he is progressing in skill through his experiences as a true Ninja would, not through finding a new more powerfull sword.

EDIT: Would anyone like to see the amazon changed to a summonress class? (or whatever the feminine version of the word "summoner" is.) The tabs would be

-Offensive Summons
-Defensive Summons
-Melee Skills
Personally deffintly not. I think maybe a summon class would be cool(switch the Druid to maybe something like Natures Caller or a Druid)....actually really like the idea. However not at the cost of the Amazon. Not only is she my fav class but she is also the only true Ranged class. If anything I think it would be cool to change the Amazon into an archer or other ranged class. Few ever use the Javalin tree, so change it into all passives for bow making her truely skilled with it.
[/quote]

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:47 pm

Alright, I'll change the Amazon to an Archer.

However, her tabs will be mostly the same:

-Passives
-Bow and Crossbow Skills
-Auras & Magic

CD

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:43 am

Seems my pc has let us down....major crash, everything lost....as it sits right now, I dont see much hope in recovering anything. It may be a while before I can get my machine up and running again, until then, I am at a standstill...if you want to get someone else to some in and do the work, I understand. What I am going to have to do is buy a new hard drive, but I wont be able to afford one til sometime after the end of the year....til then I am using my wifes computer, and she hates when I work off of her puter, cuz then she cant do anything. I realize two months is a long time to wait for me to be able to start again, but if you can get someone else to work, maybe there will be something for me to do when I am able to get my machine running again. Sorry for letting you down my friend.

Malachai

Return to “The Sandbox”