The Realm of Chaos: Order (2nd thread)

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.
Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

The Realm of Chaos: Order (2nd thread)

Post by Myhrginoc » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:30 am

In recognition of a big gap between when this mod was originally proposed and the work being done to date, we are opening this thread and locking down the other. It also gives us an opportunity to present an opening summary which is more up-to-date. You can look here for details from those previous efforts.

The Realm of Chaos: Order

Title: The Realm of Chaos: Order
Project Leader: Thorgrim
Project Team: Friend of mine who hasn't been on this forum yet...

The main features of the mod will be:

Characters:

The maximum character level will be level 1200, but you will gain less stat and skill points per level.

Experience will mostly be kept at the same rate, but it will be increased to compensate for the increased difficulty.

All characters will be changed:

Barbarian: Dwarf Slayer

Sorceress: Human Imperial Theogonist

Assasin: Human Mercenary (Dogs of War, for anyone familiar with Warhammer) Duellist

Paladin: Dwarf Runesmith

Amazon: Wood Elf Glade Guard

Druid: Albion Human Thruthsayer

Necromancer: High Elf Mage

All skills will be changed, especially the magic skills, which will be changed to resemble Warhammer Magic Spells.

Most character classes will be able to cast magic spells. Slayer Class is an exception, because it will be more like an anti-magic class.

There will be only six skills per page, this is because the Warhammer Lores of Magic have six spells each too.

The max skillcap will be set somewhere around 40.

Skill Trees:

Slayer:
Cries of the Dying (Warcries)
Skills of the Slayer (Axe Skills)
Powers of the Slayer (Special Combat Skills)

Theogonist:
Lore of Death (Death Magic)
Lore of Metal (Fire-like Magic)
Lore of Pyromancy (Fire Magic)

Duellist:
Thieving Skills
Lore of Shdows (Shadow Magic)
Skills of the Unseen (Combat Skills)

Runesmith:
Weapon and Armour Runes (Passive Skills)
Engineering Runes (Passive Skills for Missile Weapons)
Elemental Runes (Magical Skills)

Glade Guard:
Skills of the Forest (Bow Skills)
Animal Taming (Summoning)
Lore of Life (Nature Magic)

Truthsayer:
Lore of the Truthsayer (Truthsayer Magic)
Lore of the Beast (Beast Magic)
Calls of the Wild (Summoning Skills)

Mage:
Lore of the Heavens (Lightning Magic)
Lore of Light (Lightning-like Magic)
Lore of High Magic (Special Magic)

Interface:

All (Singleplayer) Backgrounds will be changed

A completely new character creation screen will be made.

There will be a new inventory (larger, different)

All screens (stats, skill tree etc.) will be changed.

The interface at the bottom of the screen will be changed.

Story:

A Dark Shadow is spreading across the Warhammer World. The Four Chaos Gods have finally thrown away their quarrels and combined their powers to spawn hordes of Daemons upon the world.They have also formed alliances with the undead, orcs and goblins, Dark Elves and more evil forces. They are breeding an army with which to conquer the whole world and seeking to place each and every race under their malicious will. Already have they conquered the mystical island Albion, Granting them a strong foothold and a lot of magical power. Now they continue their attacks, concentrating on the eldest races of the world. The Armies of Khorne and Slaanesh, aided by hordes of Skaven and Dark Elves, have already captured half of the island Ulthuan. The Legendary Dwarven Stronghold of Karaz-a-Karak has been cut of from reinforcements and is under heavy attack from the forces of Nurgle and Tzeentch from the North, and Undead armies and Orc warbands from the south. The Lizardmen, once rulers of the jungles of Lustria, now fear those jungles and gather in their temples, protecting their ancient leaders, the Slann. And the news gets even worse. In the Empire, a proud human kingdom, city by city is destroyed from both the outside and the inside, as rampaging armies of Daemons and Orcs barter the gates, while all the mad human chaos cults spread forth from the sewers and other dark places, to stab any defenders in the back.

We know that the gods have not put aside their quarrels on their own. Something is driving them not to squabble with eachother. However, we don't know what this power is, but it must be something very powerful in that even the chaos gods surrender to it. You are a young adventurer, who sees his world crumble around him. We need you to fight this power and eliminate it, if possible. All of our soldiers are fighting against the armies of chaos, so we can send no one to help you. We will take you to the island of Albion first, to one of the last remaining human towns. The first major victory for chaos will also be their first defeat. When we can gain control of Albion, Chaos will lose much of its power, greatly weakening them. You will have to find a way to defeat Slaanesh, of whom we know is residing here.

Act 1:

This will be changed to resemble Albion, an island a bit like Great Britain. It is always foggy and raining and it's a very magical island. The boss will be Slaanesh.

Act 2:

Act 2 will be the deserts of Araby and Khemri, what once was a great kingdom, but now it's a land full of the living dead. The boss will be Tzeentch.

Act 3:

When you go to Act 3, you will come in the lands of Lustria. In the past the jungles were unsave because of the lizardmen, but know they are because of the powers of Chaos. The boss will be Nurgle.

Act 4:

The Great Skull Land and the Plain of Zharr, home of the Chaos Dwarfs. This is the one of the last major strongholds of Chaos. The boss will be Khorne.

Act 5:

This will be the Worlds Edge Mountains. Here chaos is fighting their last attack against the Dwarven Stronghold of Karaz-a-Karak. The boss is secret...

Monsters:

Eventually, all monsters will be changed to creatures and persons from Warhammer. Most graphics for the new monsters will come from other games, like Diablo I and Baldur's Gate II. Some of them, however, will i create myself. I am already working on a Bloodthirster, greater daemon of Khorne, of wich the model itself is for about 90% finished. The monster stats will be boosted to represent kind of a 10-player game. Superuniques will also be changed, they will become special characters from Warammer. A few names:

Orc/Goblin:

Grimgor Ironhide
Skarsnik
Gnashrak

Skaven:

Ikit Claw
Deathmaster Snikch
Lord Skrolk

Chaos Dwarf:

Astrogoth
Gorduz Backstabber

Vampire Counts:

Issabella von Carstein
Vlad von Carstein
Heinrich Kemmler
Dieter Hellsnicht
Nagash

Chaos:

Egrimm van Horstmann
Arbaal the Undefeated
Archaon, The Lord of End Times

Dark Elf

Morathi
Malekith
Rakarth

Items:

Every character will get its own weapons and armor, this is to simulate the style the chracters use in warhammer. For example, in warhammer mages can't wear armour, because it hinders them with spellcasting, so in the mod, mages can only wear robes and other clothing. A full list of characters and their armour/weapons:

Slayer:
- Axes (1h & 2h)
- Throwing Axes
- War Paintings

Mage:
- Long Blades (1h & 2h)
- Elven Clothing / Wands (Shield)

Theogonist:
- Morning Star(1h) / Flails (2h)
- Robes etc. / Staves

Runesmith:
- Hammers (1h & 2h)
- Handguns
- Heavy Armours / Round Shields

Glade Guard
- Polearms (2h)
- Bows
- Elven Mails / Triangle Shields

Duellist
- Short Blades (1h)
- Throwing Daggers
- Leather Armours

Thruthsayer
- Spears (2h)
- Throwing Spears
- Protection Amulets

As for the shields, the format will be:

Defence: Not too much, unlike normal D2 shields

Chance to block: Also not too much.

Automagic: +X defense in melee, cumulative to normal defence.

The shields will be separated into three categories:

Small Shields, Automagic -X defence vs. Missiles

Medium Shields, no extra defence vs. missiles

Large Shields, +X defence vs. Missiles.

In this way you would get a typical shield like this:

Round Shield

Large Shield

Defence: 25

Chance to Block: 30%

+ 15 Defence vs. Melee

+10 Defence vs. Missiles.

Each character will have about 10 normal weapons, 10 exceptional and 10 elite.

If a character has 2-handed weapons, it will have the same number.

It will also have 10 armours of each quality and 10 shields of each quality when available.

A character will have 5 missile weapons of each quality

Thus, in total, a character such as the Runesmith, which has all items, will have 135 items, but for most characters, some will go off because they don't have all items. The total of new weapons and armours therefor is 735(!), still quite a lot....

But there's more:

New horadric cube only items, that can be used to make items unique or upgrade uniques.

New charm-like items like the orbs from BGMod.

New magical ammunition.

More gems, about 40, and no chipped/flawed/normal/flawless/perfect but just raw/natural/etc. and polished/etc.

New runes and runewords. Runes will be based upon runes from the Dwarf army book. The names will be based upon pieces of dwarf words, the runewords will be the complete words. An example:

A Rhun

Rune of Speed

A runeword with this rune could be:

Karaz-a-Karak

Everpeak

But also other things.

Uniques/Sets

All uniques and sets will be based upon items from the game and will have at least one effect related to the original item. For Example:

Warhammer item:

Biting Blade, -1 Armour Save

Diablo Item:

Biting Blade

Longsword

50% Ehanced Damage

+25 to Attack Rating

5% Mana Stolen per Hit

33% Ingnores Target's Defence

Sets will mostly be complete outfits from special characters. For Example:

The High King's Armoury (Set)

The Axe of Grimnir (Axe)
The Dragon Crown of Karaz (Crown)
The Armour of Skaldour (Armour)

Screenshots:

New Trademarkscreen: www.realmofchaos.tmfweb.nl/images/Screenshot053.jpg
New Gameselectscreen: www.realmofchaos.tmfweb.nl/images/Screenshot054.jpg
New Credits background: www.realmofchaos.tmfweb.nl/images/Screenshot049.jpg
New Characterselectscreen: www.realmofchaos.tmfweb.nl/images/Screenshot052.jpg

A new axe: www.realmofchaos.tmfweb.nl/images/Screenshot045.jpg
New cast overlays:
Cold spells:
www.realmofchaos.tmfweb.nl/images/Screenshot015.jpg
www.realmofchaos.tmfweb.nl/images/Screenshot026.jpg
www.realmofchaos.tmfweb.nl/images/Screenshot034.jpg
Fire:
www.realmofchaos.tmfweb.nl/images/Screenshot032.jpg
www.realmofchaos.tmfweb.nl/images/Screenshot033.jpg
Lightning:
www.realmofchaos.tmfweb.nl/images/Screenshot031.jpg

New inventory i created (not yet for 1.10 :mrgreen:)
www.realmofchaos.tmfweb.nl/images/Screenshot010.jpg
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Thorgrim
Location: 100 Feet below the earth, in the dwarven stronghold of Karaz-a-Karak

Re: The Realms of Chaos: Order

Post by Thorgrim » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:36 pm

Ehhmm... Just one thing: a small typo, its the realm of chaos and not realms... but anyway, not really important.

Note that the title/gameselect/credits/charselect screens are different from those i posted a long time before. GW is (for some time now) busy with a new edition from warhammer and has recently put some artwork online. I used those graphics for the new screens.
Like a well crafted mail shirt a dwarf army is, each warrior an iron-hard link, knitted together by duty,respect and loyality. And, like a mail shirt, never a blow shall pass them as long as all the links remain strong. -Durgrim Redmane, Dwarf Hammerer

The Realm of Chaos

The Forums of Chaos

Realm of Chaos Progress: 5%

InkSpot
Paladin

Re: The Realm of Chaos: Order (2nd thread)

Post by InkSpot » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:48 pm

This looks like a great mod, especially i find your charcters interresting :)
[fade]May the light show you the right path![/fade]
I think therefore i am...

Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim » Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:30 pm

[quote=InkSpot";p="146940"]This looks like a great mod, especially i find your charcters interresting :)[/quote]

Yeah, well, that's what i'm working most on now. I haven't yet really thought about the monsters.

Oh, and before i forget: Happy New Year everyone!

Well, as i haven't been online for a short period, i'll tell what i am working on. At the moment, i am reworking my old 1.09 inventory to work with 1.10. It's almost done and i hope to have a plugin ready within a week from now.
Like a well crafted mail shirt a dwarf army is, each warrior an iron-hard link, knitted together by duty,respect and loyality. And, like a mail shirt, never a blow shall pass them as long as all the links remain strong. -Durgrim Redmane, Dwarf Hammerer

The Realm of Chaos

The Forums of Chaos

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:10 am

[quote=Thorgrim";p="148146"]Well, as i haven't been online for a short period, i'll tell what i am working on. At the moment, i am reworking my old 1.09 inventory to work with 1.10. It's almost done and i hope to have a plugin ready within a week from now.[/quote]

If you want it up in the File Center, just let us know when it is ready and we will see to it ;)

Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:51 pm

Well, it's finished.
Took a little longer, but anyway, here are the links:

Screenshot

Download

Everything is included, even the .psp source files and a guide to customizing it!

It's ok if you guys put it in the filecenter, would be kinda fun for me P
Last edited by Thorgrim on Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Realm of Chaos

The Forums of Chaos

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:14 am

Good stuff 8-O

Myhrginoc got the files and it is already scheduled to appear on the Keep's next update ;)

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:21 am

Ayep! But I was waiting until I post the news bulletin before mentioning it here, so nobody starts looking for it yet. Our File Center index is in a major upgrade, so we aren't adding to the existing one for a while.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim » Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:53 pm

OK, no problem. And Alkalund: Thanks!

I'll post e few more screenies later, with items equipped and such.

The Realm of Chaos

The Forums of Chaos

Return to “The Sandbox”