Re: My SA experiences and a semi-quasi-partial review. :)

Information and updates for the Seasons After mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Har'lea'quinn, enq

No votes

Total votes: 0

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:51 pm

speaking of reviews, I'm planning to do one myself on a newbie website I made. Enq could I use your title picture bar of the mountains for it? ;)

I'd also be linking you and the flash button of course.
Last edited by noELrunes on Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A secret is well kept by 3 people if 2 are dead

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:21 am

I'll put a link to it from the site :D

If you like use the wallpaper image as that is larger and easier to work with. But use either of them (the titlebar or the wallpaper) - that's fine :)
Music speaks louder than words.
Music (GeorgeFM)

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:46 am

grr, enq it looks like it'll be postphoned for I fractured my foot and the files I need are at school. :(

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Re: The enq and noELrunes gossip thread :)

Post by enq » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:32 am

Ack that's no good dude :(
Though you should now have some time to catch up on doing good old nothing - which I always recommend :)

Btw the previous topic was going off-topic a bit so this is just a anthing goes thread ;)
I also wanted to try out the split topic function hehe
Music (GeorgeFM)

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:04 am

lol I thought someone had gotten on my name and done this until I read further down that you did the split topic.

Well I went back to the doctor and it isn't a hairline fracture.

its a complete break for the bone that connects the pinky toe

this is very bad, as I'll be out from 4-8 weeks of any strenous activities. Only good thing about this is that I actually can be lazy and not be yelled at and wear a very nice boot (note the sarcasm) that protects my injured foot so the tendons can be well again.

*sigh* they said it has to be 8 weeks to be on the safe side. Sad part is I'm going on a trip Feb 28th and taking a test March 1st for college.

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:48 am

Damn, broken right though!? How did you manage to do that?
So if I understand correctly, they have given you a full cast over your foot?

Btw my response was kinda late as I just seem to have found myself a full time job - these things tend to just happen to me. One day the company I was doing contract work for was being sold and split. The next thing I knew I was talking to the director and found myself with a job! :lol:

So because of that I have had almost no time to work on the mod - except for last weekend when I did manage to figure out a way to kind of fix the balance of Exceptional and Elite weapons:
I remember the old days of D2C where you only had the Exceptionals to use and Hell was, quite good fun ... ;)
So, I went with that and made Elite weapons do the same damage and Exceptionals, but as your character gets stronger so do the Elite weapons :)

I'm really just hoping that this will work but the numbers seem right and the skills turned out ok when I approached them in this manner :D
Last edited by enq on Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Music (GeorgeFM)

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:33 pm

bit of an update:
my foot is doing much better, it has that fresh feeling (you know, the feeling you get when lets say you bruise your knee, then its healed..that kind of feeling) there is a bit of discomfort when I walk barefooted, but with the removeable cast on I can barely feel it, it feels like I'm walking on stilts though because the cast elevates my foot and makes the other good leg seem..well small.

I've finished the crafting review on the mod (okay just a paragraph, sorry :oops: ) and should be ready to print whenever I get to it.

[quote="enq";p="68927"]So, I went with that and made Elite weapons do the same damage and Exceptionals, but as your character gets stronger so do the Elite weapons :)[/quote]

how will this be work?

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:43 am

That's good news about your foot dude :D
You must heal really quick. So how did you actually break the toe?

Hehe, so does crafting work? I've had some reports from people that it doesn't, but when I tested it I was getting some really really nice gear :)

Basically Elite weapons gain their damage based on your strength and dexterity levels (like all weapons do) only the percentage gain for Elite weapons is 255% rather than 100%.
Basically if you boost your character to the point where you can use Elite weapons then you get the returns but they are more of a novelty (ie. they will be rarely drop) than required items ... hopefully :)
Music (GeorgeFM)

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:18 pm

[quote="enq";p="69855"]You must heal really quick. So how did you actually break the toe?[/quote]

ah, well I was playing basketball 2 weeks ago.

I jumped up to make a shot (don't worry, I made it so it wasn't in vain) and landed on top of my foot. With all the pain it felt like I sprained my ankle. But when I got X-ray's just to make sure.. (note: I sprained ankle for me usually lasts 3 days instead of a week like most people) I had broken my foot from the middle. It was some wierd term and I don't want to remember it now. It was broken from the pinky toe all the way to the middle and it hurt, ALOT. I'm out for 8 weeks supposedly but I can walk fine on it with the boot cast. Well if I walk right it doesn't hurt. When I try to walk without it, it hurts but not as much as it used too. (the pain is bareable)

But that was a tad off topic. I'm going to be experimenting with the crafts (I have countless number of jewels and jems, now I need the runes, be a decent level and the equipment) As soon as I stop running away. My level now 16 barbarian with 300 HP isn't doing so hot against those fallen shaman with fireballs that take off 1/4th of my HP :twisted:

I've uploaded the rant on too my page, FOOFY NO NO but its incomplete. Probably won't be done for another week or so.

mikotian
Paladin

Post by mikotian » Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:48 am

wow really cool idea with the scaling idea of elite weps. I like. I guess I'll have to dl the newest version hehe.

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:44 am

mikotian";p="74156" wrote:wow really cool idea with the scaling idea of elite weps. I like. I guess I'll have to dl the newest version hehe.
Sadly that will not be in the immediate next version (coming this week/weekend hopefully) but I will definately rebalance monsters/skills etc to work in with this idea :D
Music (GeorgeFM)

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:59 pm

yay.

I finally updated the site a bit, and sorted out all the mods I will be doing.

I should have the entire review up by Friday or Sunday of the latest.

and my website is in my profile thing for those who care.

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:12 am

I'm liking the site :)

I will be putting up a link to your site from the SA site when I update it later tonight/tomorrow :)

I found that there is quite a long list of changes I've made to the mod already which is good and bad - shows how long it was since I did some real tinkering but will make this fix-it version quite a nice one.
Hopefully I will get time to make more of the smaller changes that I have in the todo list.

Btw, hows the foot doing?
Btw2, I noticed you didn't have the Engrish caption from Frodo where he says "what food you got" - my mate and I were cracking up over that one :jump:
Last edited by enq on Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Music (GeorgeFM)

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:04 pm

enq";p="74793" wrote: I found that there is quite a long list of changes I've made to the mod already which is good and bad - shows how long it was since I did some real tinkering but will make this fix-it version quite a nice one.
Hopefully I will get time to make more of the smaller changes that I have in the todo list.
oh, what changes will these be? Will they fix the supposed bug where people can't craft? I haven't been able to do this bug, nor even craft. Curse those undead knights guarding the cube! :cry:
enq";p="74793" wrote:btw, hows the foot doing?
my foot is much better, I went to the doctors last week, and could pressure on my foot. The only problem is that with the latest batch of X-rays they did, they found out that the crack extended too my pinky toe, its a hairline fracture and it may/will cause arthritis early on. I wanted to freak because they wanted to do try to put a screw in it, but it wouldn't help. Good I guess for no operation.
enq";p="74793" wrote:btw2, I noticed you didn't have the Engrish caption from Froday where he says "what food you got"
I plan to have more funny stuff (or funny to me that is) in the funny section, along with some photoshop funnies (like in the front page, with the midget vs. Geroge Bush in b-ball)

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:19 am

I'll update the .plan thread with the changes in a little while - today(ish) :)
What is the cannot craft bug? I'll take a quick look at the recipes before release but everything should be in order :-|

Nice to hear good news about the foot dude :)
The screw idea sounds nasty :(
Music (GeorgeFM)

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:15 pm

yes.

and now my foot hurts whenever its cold. And currently in Texas its cold every other week.

Oh well, spring break is in a week, so I an rest my foot for a while.

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:12 pm

It's been cold here too for some reason (usually it's really nice weather in February through to March).

I'd hate to think what would happen if they did put the screw in your foot, and it got cold...
Music (GeorgeFM)

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:43 am

enq you will be pleased to know that my foot is fully healed!

I go this thursday to see if I can go back to atheltic activity.

I've been working out with my foot and "testing the waters" so to speak by doing alot of exercises with my lower body :)

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:11 am

That's great news dude! :D

My mates foot is almost healed also - he was back at Bujitsu last week and was careful but felt fine.

Do you want to know the bad news though?
I kinda sprained my foot :lol: very nearly broke it at the ankle I'm sure.
It was an inorganic rubbish collection so I was putting a box back in a cupboard and jumped to do so. Came down and half landed on one of mums shoes with a 5cm heel.
Foot rolls inward and I'm on the ground for about 15mins :(
What's worse is that this was on the first day of the Easter Holidays! :bunny:
Music (GeorgeFM)

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:35 pm

oh dear, you should stay off of it for about 2 days to be on the safe side, give yourself a chance to let the tendons in the foot to reset and heal.

thats what they told me. If my foot has landed any farther, the tendon connecting from the pinky would've snapped back..and no more foot until I got screws.

I can't believe I"m still getting hits at my site, I've got about 510 right now. I really need to update it.

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:06 am

My foot is doing ok apart from the swelling and some strange bruises along the base of it :)

That's great news with the site dude! :)
I'm still looking forward to the extended reviews of SA :D

Speaking of which sadly nothing was done at the LAN except for more idea gathering :) - too much TFC (I'd never played it before :lol:).
Music (GeorgeFM)

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:08 pm

lol, TFC is the shiznit. I used to play that game every day.

AS for my foot, my last appointment was yesterday, all I had to do was see if I could move the doctor's hand. He said that it had gotten strong because he kinda shifted with the hand :lol:

I realy need to work on the site, but I"m too lazy :cry:

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Tue May 06, 2003 8:35 pm

haha I haven't been here in a while.

Enq I've somewhat updated the site. Changed some pictures to make them smaller, took away some text because I'm less newbish now, and I'm thinking of adding a table to the d2index page to make it more "organized."

my foot is 100% better, I don't limp when I run, weeee!

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Wed May 07, 2003 8:15 am

Good news about your foot :) just as basketball season ends though, right?
Mine is almost healed - only hurts if I put pressure on it at very weird angles.

Good stuff with the site :)
Maybe hold off the SA v3.24 review a little my todo list is getting shorter (I have the basic drop settings done - to the point where I could say "hmm this item drops too much, change one number and it's fixed" :)) but monsters etc to work with the planned drop system need much more work.

I had a odd moment the other week:
I thought the mod needed a few changes and thought about changing the skill system back to the max of 20, removing the 3 points per level thing and moving the entire mod to Classic D2 :idea: :D

The feeling has not passed, yet but with 1.10 coming closer (it seems) I may hold off - though a CD2 mod would be nice to make :)
Mainly as I never liked Act5, Baal or getting to Baal.
I even stopped playing the LoD beta to go back to classic, twice (even after LoD came out).

So this may be a change in the future - I'll see what 1.10 brings and just keep working and planning/thinking until that happens :)
Music (GeorgeFM)

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Fri May 09, 2003 8:23 pm

I've added the table, it looks much better like this. Organized even.

I shall wait for the newest version of SA, as I am for the other mods as well. I'd like to try out Zy-el 3 and/or if patch 1.1 comes out, or I could just wait for 2.7...whichever.

I"ve added links to all the mod sites, except SiC and Master of Arms, since they dont' have sites...I wish they did though :(

whoops, and some hyperlinks as well, now people can tell when they've visited, hehe.

I'm not going to touch the d2 page for a while until the mods come out. I need to work on my funny pages.

Return to “Seasons After”