Version 3.00 Released *phew*

Information and updates for the Seasons After mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Har'lea'quinn, enq

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Version 3.00 Released *phew*

Post by enq » Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:32 am

It's been quite a while since I have released a new version :(
Mainly this was due to work and RL. I started going to bujitsu twice a week (it's similar to jujitsu only with weapons as well as h2h :)) and I get home late from that and just crash ;) that's also in addition to my cycling: http://www.cyclechallenge.org.nz and only 2 months to go! WOOT :D

Anyway here are the changes for this version:

Seasons After v3.00 beta
A balance mod for Diablo II Lord Of Destruction
Download the new version from here: http://www.planetdiablo.com/seasons/files/files.html

Everything in this text file and more can be found at the following website:
http://www.planetdiablo.com/seasons/

_______
Contents
1.01 Changes in v3.00
1.02 Credits
1.03 Contact

This version is English only - sorry about that :(
If you do not have an English language version of D2 installed and have been using an English D2Lang.dll, please change it to your original D2Lang.dll.

Characters
New item class: Traveller Items - these are spawned with the characters They're well wicked :D
They often have low modifiers and low durability and are somewhat unique.
These items will not drop/spawn etc - they cannot be imbued or socketed.

Amazon's now travel with a Golden Cerclet, Scarlata, Botian, Rata Javelin Stack (60), Skirmisshe Shield, Maiden Bow and two Quivers of Arrows.
Assassin's now travel with Stealth Blade, Swift Blade, Poise, Nimble Fingers and Slyboots.
Barbarian's now travel with Tool Axe, Hunting Axes, Animal Hide and Deerskin Boots.
Druid's now travel with a Heartwood Staff, Rata Throwing Club Stack (72), Wilderness Shield, Lacebark Armour and Moccasins.
Necromancer's now travel with Practice Knife, Commanding Wand, Creature Head, Woven Mail, Black Hand and Swamp Boots.
Paladin's now travel with a Cavalier Blade, Righteous Shield, Faith Crown, Soul Armour, Demon Bracers and Jambeau.
Sorceresses now travel with a Focusing Staff (+1 to Fire Bolt), Lightning Band, Robe and Slippers.

Skills
Fixed Cold Mastery to be a direct subtraction rather than percentage based and thus
I reduced the percentage reduction from the skill.
Defiance now gives 20% more defence per slvl instead of 10%.

Hirelings
Increased the rate that hirelings gain experience.

Items
Increased the chances of Set Items dropping.
Negative Resistances will now start to appear, easy now ;)

Set Items
One new set: Speed not Strength :)

Unique Items
5 Added:
Eternal Flame (Truncheon)
Deep Dish (Royal Shield)
For Today, I'll Remember Your Smile (Demonhead)
I'll Say Goodbye, Even Though I'm Blue (Crusader Gauntlets)
Don't You Worry About A Thing (Heater).

Gambling
Fixed gambling - I had accidentally deleted all the items the expansion added to the window, such as all throwing items and Assassin Claws.

Global
Monster Density has been reduced to be about the same as standard LoD.
This was done for the following reasons:
1. Most other mods seem to increase the monster density - I hate to follow, or lead for that matter ;)
2. Less lag.
3. Reduces the power of area of effect skills - thus this is also a simple across the board nerf for quite a few skills that I was having problems balancing - Multishot is a good example.
4. Single target skills become much more useful than before and thus variant characters are a bit more attractive :)
Some areas will have a higher density generally this was done in order to add to the story, towns under seige for example.
Along with this there are a few areas that may get a few monsters that previously did not, such as the Tower Cellar.
Monsters now have 2 more minimum and maximum damage in Normal, 4 more in Nightmare and 6 more in Hell.

Levels
Added Blunderbores and Hollow Ones to the Rocky Waste.
Increased the monsters density in some areas (selected ones only this time).
Increased the number of unique monsters density in some areas (selected ones only this time).

Monsters
Increased the Max Life of most Act5 monsters - Min life remains the same.
Increased the life regeneration rates of Undead Fetish and Ice Spawn so that they have low life and good all round resistances but you need to hit them hard and fast to kill them now ;)
Fixed Leadcrow's forced drop from Coldcrow (Normal).
Coldcrow now a Flesh Archer and thus a bit harder ;)
Witch Doctor Endugu will drop Witch Doctor Endugu's Totter (Hell).
Increased Pindleskin's Unique, Set and Rare item drop chances.
The Undead Guardian is now a Doom Knight.
Slightly increased most monsters life regeneration rates.
Shenk the Overseer is now a Hell Whip instead of a simple Overseer.
Slightly increased the experience given from monsters in early Act1 to offset the increased damage a little ;)

Thanks to:
ShadowTalon and Joel for their excellent Armour and Weapon Item Packs that I used parts of in this version of SA.

Last edited by enq on Mon Oct 21, 2002 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Music speaks louder than words.
Music (GeorgeFM)

KillerForm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by KillerForm » Wed Sep 25, 2002 1:13 pm

AWESOME!!!!!!! i am downloading your mod right away

good job :)

Edit: started assassin and necro. assassin was preaty challenging at the first. then it was EASY. with the necro it was TOOOOOOOOOOOO EASY!!!!!!!!!!! man do something about the hardness of this mod. it seems to be too easy and im getting bored of it :/

Berro

Post by Berro » Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:20 pm

I've played a lot of different mods and yours is a lot of fun. But I simply can't play it past the first act. Its is very well done with one small flaw IMHO which is stash and inventory size. I simply can't play the game when I have to run to town every 3o seconds to sell or ID items. And I am also the type of gamer that likes to save cool items and I can't do that with the chest size. If there is a way you can tell me to increase the size of everything let me know and I would love to play your mod all the way to hell difficulty with several classes =)

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Thu Sep 26, 2002 7:33 am

>Killerform Can you give me some pointers on how the Assassin and Necro were too easy please?
I am guessing the Golems/Skeletons and Traps are too powerful but sadly there is not too much I can do about that as I can't change them too much and at the same time keep the viable for Hell difficulty :(

Though this has prompted me to think about a different style of Summoning tree for the Necro :)

>Berro There is no way I will add the increased stash to the mod as it stands :( Read some of the news archives on the site or in the About/Suggestion pages I think there was something on it.

If you want to add the plugin yourself that is fine (there are tutorials on the main PhrozenKeep website) and it should be quite easy to do - just don't distribute the changed version to avoid confusion etc ;)[/url]
Music speaks louder than words.
Music (GeorgeFM)

Berro

Post by Berro » Thu Sep 26, 2002 8:49 am

well thanx for the chance to try the mod. It has a lot of potential but I won't play it for the same reason as regular lod...not enough stash size...good luck though =)

Return to “Seasons After”