Some ideas abaut this wonderfull mod

Information and updates for Middle Earth and all other mods created by Varaya and Khan. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Khan

BRS

Some ideas abaut this wonderfull mod

Post by BRS » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:29 pm

Hello all!

I have been playing d2-d2lod and me mod for a while (at least 20 clvl75+ characters are behind me, some over 90) and i have some suggestions.
I know the whole game inside-out, every aspect of it.
I hope that vk-guys&girls are still up on creating new challenges for us all. I really admire your courage and stamina. If I could I would help you to develop this mod further. I also love Tolkiens mythology.
Here I would like to post my experiences. If you would like to balance it more, take these into consideration.

The runeword AULE cant work with a five socket shield, because the max socets in every shield is 4!

Please make a recipe for normal->exeptional, exeptional->elite item upgrades. I know that the old d2lod runewords are still working (is anybody aware of this? I tried it out and it works! Just use the same runes, based on their picture). It is possible, that the unique upgrades work, but I would like to use the same process for sets! It would be great!

Please make the set and unique items more stronger! Especially sets. There are no "green" bonuses, and their are needed. I always dreamed of using Aragorns, but when i first managed to complete this set, it was useless. I was in valar, act3. And it doesn't do much damage. If set item elite upgrade will be available, it will be more vital.
I write this because sets and uniques are beaten by rare items. I use rather very strong rares, because i need them, mods like 15%hp, dam_red 8%, max_dam_clvl 20%, etc.

Basic elite items give now good bonuses. The same bonuses should be given for elite uniques (dam_reduce, attack_speed, etc.). Whitout these, they are not strong enough.

one more thing: the hireling runs slover than walks.

Pleeeeeeease, strengthen the sets!!! Please! I want to use them! They should beat all uniques and reres, because they are to collect. And please desigh more (elite) sets. I can post some suggestions.

rikk

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Some ideas abaut this wonderfull mod

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:20 am

We haven't seen much of Khan for quite some time, and many of the long-time players have also hung up their swords and spears. Perhaps the Last Ship has sailed off to Valinor at long last, to the everlasting dismay of we who remain on the hither shore.

I wouldn't count on any more changes to the mod. But if you want a minor atmospheric enhancement you can try my area titles semi-unofficial plugin.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Elessar
Paladin

Post by Elessar » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:14 pm

I can't really claim I play ME mod all that much any more (although I did take it for a whirl again recently, and wow, after playing WoW, actually having to tell my Paladin to swing his weapon was fun :}) but I do still swing by here a couple times a week to check posts if not actually post, so if that counts I at least am still around :}

Myhrginoc is right in that V&K are not likely to update the mod, and likely not anytime soon if they did. Since I felt like sifting through old posts today, BRS, I thought I'd provide an answer to your suggestions in Khan's own words, where possible (which turns out to be only on items). So, here you go:

Items:

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:09 am
Post subject: Re: Prepatch 1.10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In classic Lod (1.10 but also before) you absolutely needed to get your hands on the few uberuniques in order to be good. There was no way to get adequately powerful with normal items and then "blamm" you find the unique and suddenly the challenge evaporates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:15 am
Post subject: Re: Extensive Item Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The effect a really good unique has, is that once you find it, your slot where you use it (weapon, helm, shield etc) is stuck with it forever and all other items of that type you find become useless to you. This takes the thrill of finding items (which is basically what this game is about).

Finding really good rares is still more difficult than finding a rare unique and therefore no unique should ever outrule the best possible rare. ....

That should give you an idea of their philosophy and why items are the way they are. Set items fall under this too, as most are found pretty easily (at least for me. Found like 5-8 of them last time I played, albeit a couple were the same item).

As for set boni, there are already set boni associated with each set. They don't appear in green text, but gold, between the list for set items and the attributes of that particular item. To verify, Aragorn's set should give you +20% hp for 3 pieces (just flipped ME mod on to check it).

Runewords:
I checked the VKCubesnRunes. You're right, it does say you can improve "Aulë" with a fifth rune, and shields max out at 4 sockets. However, V&K would more likely correct the CubesnRunes file than add another socket to shields.

I couldn't find anything on active runewords from LoD.

Can't comment on hireling run/walk speed as I don't think I've noticed this problem.

That's all I can help with for now, so I hope that helps some.

Although, I still hold out hope for a D3 ME mod :}

Take care :samurai:
Elessar
I have this to say,.. No enemy has yet taken the Hornburg."
- "Helm's Deep" The Two Towers

BRS

Post by BRS » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:33 pm

Well, thank you, Elessar! :)
I knew that (with great probability) there wont be any update to this mod, but I feel better after posting my ideas.
In my town in Hungary there is now a third time (or 4th?) glory for D2 and MEM. Thats why I tried to get a new version.
I wish you good times!

Return to “V&K Mods”