block- worth it?

Information and updates for Middle Earth and all other mods created by Varaya and Khan. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Khan

RazorsKiss_

block- worth it?

Post by RazorsKiss_ » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:14 pm

wondering if it's worth getting block (for a sorc anyway), since it's so much less than in regular D2. a friend plays ME, and his pally has tons of dex + holy shield and he still has a hard time maintaining much over 50-60%. thus i was wondering if i should just scrap dex and go full vit + the usual str for equipment, or is even 20-30% block still useful in hell and worth the dex points?

Éowyn
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Éowyn » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:36 am

As Sorc you should not geht into range of melee monsters ;)
I never used a shield with my Sorc. Only my magical mirrow. So I can't tell you what is better :)
May the force be with you, always!

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Re: block- worth it?

Post by Khan » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:01 pm

The shield is very useful for a sorceress but not for blocking purposes but for added slots (those triple diamond shields are still quite viable). Don't waste 2 dex points per level for 25% blocking I would recommend.

Better invest 1 point per level in strength and get some decent Armor (an elite light armor should be one of your best choices).

It is always possible to learn some 5 skillpoints of Frozen Armor and the likes to increase your AC so that your effective behit% chance drops by 10-20%. Actually in this mod, every character should try to have a chance to get hit of under 30%

But as Eowyn said, the Sorceress doesn't want to get touched by monsters. That holds true for the classic game and it is not overly wrong with the mod (although I do daresay that unlike classic D2, even a sorc can survive some seconds by melee monsters in the mod, due to increased AC usefulness)

Return to “V&K Mods”