Game has weird messages in weird places

Information and updates for Middle Earth and all other mods created by Varaya and Khan. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Khan

Nuttyfist

Game has weird messages in weird places

Post by Nuttyfist » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:41 pm

Yeah, i just downloaded it and did all the things it told me to, installed LoD v 1.10 and did the shortcut, but while running it, the inventory slots are all covering the inventory and like the zombies have "Do not use socked, magic, or unique items", like what your reward is for the charsi quest in the original D2. This happens alot during the first act, and i was wondering what i could do to fix this, because now i only have like 1/3 the original inventory space and can't equip some items because the slots are covered up.

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Game has weird messages in weird places

Post by Khan » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:43 pm

sounds like the mod is not really active. Check if your shortcut really is "...exe -direct -txt" and not something like "...exe -direct -text" or "...exe -direct-txt"

There need to be spaces between the exe and the -direct and between the -direct and the -txt.

Also check if you unzipped the files from the mod you downloaded WITH subdirectories: there should be a folder in your diablo 2 directory named "data". This folder contains lots of subdirectories (the most important are the text files in /data/global/excel/)

Tell us if that helped

Return to “V&K Mods”