synergi/Plugy???

Information and updates for Middle Earth and all other mods created by Varaya and Khan. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Khan

nespejsen

synergi/Plugy???

Post by nespejsen » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:22 am

hejsa. It seems to me that no synergies are shown in the skilltree, i wonder if there is any, or they just are hidden.
Why can't i use the awsome Plugy whit the mod, i can't live whituot it..

I just started playing the mod, and its not bad at all.

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Re: synergi/Plugy???

Post by Khan » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:14 pm

We balanced most of the skills thus that synergies would have imbalanced them once again without a huge effort on changing them. Adding single synergies here and there would just be an inconsistant thing that we don't really like.

One might argue that for example firebolt would be a more viable option to Fireball, if it supported Fireball via a synergy effect but the same would have to be done for Lightning, Ice Bolt, Poison Javelin, various Curses, Druid spells, Barbarian skills etc etc etc. - all in all too much work ;)

Plugy should work fine and indeed does work fine on our machines. Where is your problem with getting it to run with MEmod?

nespejsen

Post by nespejsen » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:50 pm

thx for quick reply, and a good answer. I'm not home these days, but the error messege is "can't find vbr***.***" when i try using plugy4. I will write u the exact name as soon as i get home.

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Khan » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:30 pm

ah vbrun300.dll or something like that. That's part of Visual Basic. I guess Yohann used VB to program Plugy. The easiest fix would be to google for Visual Basic and download it but for a more precise solution you should ask Yohann, the creator of Plugy: ynicolas@worldonline.fr

You might want to check if this email is still valid

Yohann
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Yohann » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:49 pm

No i don't use Visual Basic but Visual C++.
So isn't the exatly the error message or it don't comes from PlugY...
Take PlugY 4.01 if you haven't have this version.
PlugY v10.00 : Download - Forum
Fix TXT Opened Files With MS Excel : v1.11 - v1.10
DualPlayer
: v1.11 - v1.10 - v1.09

nespejsen

Post by nespejsen » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:19 am

That's it.... I have no problems any more, after i downloaded plugy401. And yes it is the name of the file u wrote.

thx very much, i love u all in this site. ;)

Blumpkinstein

Post by Blumpkinstein » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:44 am

I also noticed that there are no synergies, I find this to be a feature that I want to use with this mod.

Where do I get the plugy401 file from so I can add the synergies back into the game? Is that plugy401 file the only thing I need to make it work?
Are there special instuctions to install plugy401 or is it just as simple as extract to C:\Program Files\DiabloII ???

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:27 pm

the synergies are deactivated for balancing reasons

and the plugy4.01 is an older version - u will find the uptodate version 4.04 right here on phrozenkeep, see yohanns post in this thread ;)
Last edited by TheFallenAngel on Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

... he became a corrupt shadow of his former self -
a fallen angel, trusted neither by heaven nor hell ...

Blumpkinstein

Post by Blumpkinstein » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:09 am

My only concern is how not having synergies is gonna effect the playablity of my favorite char class, The Nec. Nec's put up with a huge amount of crap, too much IMHO! The 1.10 patch gave the Nec's their just dues. They were actually boosted to almost unbeatable in the PvP world and became a widely used solo PvM/MF'r. Before and mind the expression but Nec's were "Party-{filtered}". I got so sick of hearing, "Amp! Ammp! AAMMMPPP!"
I had to stand back, curse and watch everyone else get the kills/xp/loot.
Getting laughed at because you use the underdog char sucks, and no I don't want any cheese with this whine!

I found the link on the post thanks, didn't notice it before.
It is a cool plug in. I misundestood about the plug in anyhow it seems. I thought it added the synergies back into the game. Oh well.

Return to “V&K Mods”