Look at this...

Information and updates for Middle Earth and all other mods created by Varaya and Khan. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Khan

No votes

Total votes: 0

Jonaleth Irenicus
Champion of the Light

Re: Look at this...

Post by Jonaleth Irenicus » Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:39 pm

Errr....

She's kidna cute, I told that...

There's all this life running through her hair (System of a Down).

She has these beautiful eyes and her eyelids are dark (I think I find this attractive in a girl even though it makes you look lifeless, I am not sure).

She's very helpful, I met her in the Acting Club of Medical Students (so there's something we like in common).

But I am not sure if she counter-likes me (that's SO very hard to tell).

And I have no idea why I'm spilling this out, since Rattlecage started it.

Btw: Aura Ranger is hard to play in 1.10 (a paladin who uses bows and elemental auras to fight monsters). It seems you can't combine multiple weaknesses to create an "OK" character.
This is a portrait of what has happened and what my happen. Do you cling to the past or can you see through the pain? You feel the potential within, do you not? Will you cringe from what you know and want, what you can take as your own? Afterall, it is you who has brought us into the dream. Nothing is real... Yet...

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:23 am

Jonaleth Irenicus";p="135255" wrote:Btw: Aura Ranger is hard to play in 1.10 (a paladin who uses bows and elemental auras to fight monsters). It seems you can't combine multiple weaknesses to create an "OK" character.
for the girl, good luck.

for the Ranger, its actually a really hard build, especially untwinkled Hardcore as me :P

myself has reached lvl 18 and planned to use Concentration + Holy Shock or Conviction (not both of them) I usually get lvl 10-12 Vigor it comes in Handy.

also Redemption works wonders, your main problem is that Rangers are very hard to be as good as the other paladin builds, but usually are safer in multiplayer :D

a thing, elemental damage charms are your friend, try to cube them if possible and change them as you wish.

also, what ranger are you using? the pure Ranger or the Ranger that use shield when the little beasties surrounds you? because that will also change the way you should spend your stat points.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Jonaleth Irenicus
Champion of the Light

Post by Jonaleth Irenicus » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:07 pm

I was going for a pure ranger before the exam week, I haven't played him for a while now. However, I had plans about getting a two handed weapon in 2nd slot to melee things out if necessary (I do not think that would be very useful, but a ranger with a sword/shield set up is not a ranger IMO).

About the girl, the situation doesn't look promising, so I've decided to keep looking for other options.

:)
This is a portrait of what has happened and what my happen. Do you cling to the past or can you see through the pain? You feel the potential within, do you not? Will you cringe from what you know and want, what you can take as your own? Afterall, it is you who has brought us into the dream. Nothing is real... Yet...

Éowyn
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Éowyn » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:48 am

Oh my hehe
We girls seem to be a big problem for you guys ;)
But to calm you down,
I think the other way around it is nearly the same *g* maybe not so big, because there are more guys on earth than girls :P

Boh very late... and many typos...
Last edited by Éowyn on Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
May the force be with you, always!

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Khan » Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:29 pm

There are more guys on earth than girls? Wow that's news to me. If I am not mistaked the generation WW2 is not what Jon is aiming at :P

No really the problem is that women are just much more complex and a challenge to understand ... oh and somehow they tend to ignore the fact that cars, computergames and other silly stuff is fun ;)

Talking to the female is like opening a sparkly chest - you never know what you will get and more often than not it's more than you expected.
Talking to males is like shopping at Griswolds (for those who played D1) - you know what you get and it's ok :mrgreen:
Last edited by Khan on Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jonaleth Irenicus
Champion of the Light

Post by Jonaleth Irenicus » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:55 pm

Hmmm. It may be slightly more, like 51% to 49%, but I don't think there is a huge difference in between.

The way I see it, women are not mysterious but hard to understand, and it's easy to understand guys, but most guys try to be mysterious in some way (so there's something for the girl to "explore").

The other thing is, generally, women are more emotional than men. However, if a man is emotional, his feelings run deeper than mostly any women.

Talking to a female is entirely another issue :)

Éowyn
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Éowyn » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:37 pm

Khan";p="136559" wrote:There are more guys on earth than girls? Wow that's news to me. If I am not mistaked the generation WW2 is not what Jon is aiming at :P
I never said it is a big difference, but there is one.
And in the generation WW2 it is the other way around, there are more girls than guys.

I don't think we are hard to understand, you just must accept things you maybe don't like to accept to understand us *g*
Talking to the female is like opening a sparkly chest - you never know what you will get
Did you copy this from Harry Potter :P
women are more emotional than men
That's true maybe ;)

Krancher

Post by Krancher » Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:05 am

When I was at college, my friends and I used to ponder two mysteries: spontaneous combustion, and the opposite sex. Finally, one day, we realized they were actually the same mystery! No one in this world is meant to understand the opposite sex, because to gain that knowledge would upset the entire social order. Of course, from time to time, somebody *does* gain such an insight, at which point they become a cosmic threat, and the powers that be intervene to remove that threat by causing the person to spontaneously combust! (FYI, usually cosmic powers prefer to operate in a more subtle fashion, but to orchestrate anything more mundane would postpone the demise of the unwitting victim, allowing a slight chance that they might pass on their knowledge before death. Hence the preference for instant annihilation.)

Seriously, though, have you folks read Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time books? Not to enter into a discussion of their merits and flaws, I just wanted to pick out the example of the three friends, Rand, Matt, and Perrin, who are each jealous of the others' adroitness with women, and yet who are each, in reality, as shy and confused as the next. Jordan hit on something with that theme, because I think that mostly the entire world is like that, men and women (and not just about interactions with the opposite sex, either)! Men think they are simple, yet women will never truly understand them, and even when women spell out exactly how they work, men just don't get it. The true challenge, I think, is to understand ourselves, because that is the only reference we have for understanding others. Not only that, but once we know ourselves, we might have more luck interacting with the opposite sex because of our self-possession and self-confidence, even if we still have no clue what's going through the other person's head!
"Surely you don't disbelieve the prophecies, because you had a hand in bringing them about yourself?" - Gandalf the Grey

Amtiskaw
Paladin

Post by Amtiskaw » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:27 pm

Éowyn";p="136438" wrote: there are more guys on earth than girls
I believe some UN organisation published a statistic last year to the effect that there are more girls than guys on this planet.
...thi starz ½ moovd.

Jonaleth Irenicus
Champion of the Light

Post by Jonaleth Irenicus » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:37 pm

DAMMIT!!!

As I was getting on the bus today, returning home from school, I had the equation for girls all spelled out clearly in my head. Something must have happened on the way though, because when I got home, I remembered NOTHING of what I had suddenly found out.

Maybe that was something close to spontaneous combustion?

Facts about me that I know of:

-I hurt people that I know well, but I do it unconsciously. I can't plan the thing, I say something that I should know they won't like, but I say it anyway. Sometimes I really wonder if I'm the worst friend one can have.

-I think I should be alone and no girl that I like should have to suffer being my girlfriend (for I am sure I will be the most terrible boy friend).

-I am emotional only when I am alone or the voice in my head is speaking. I can't talk my emotions and do not BELIEVE in discussing emotions or psychology. I also do not believe in discussing philosophy.

Those are things I can get together in five minutes. I don't think I could find more given more time though.

Why I wrote them is entirely another issue...

Krancher

Post by Krancher » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:52 am

And that issue is ... ?
Last edited by Krancher on Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Surely you don't disbelieve the prophecies, because you had a hand in bringing them about yourself?" - Gandalf the Grey

Jonaleth Irenicus
Champion of the Light

Post by Jonaleth Irenicus » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:56 pm

Because you said the true challange is to understand ourselves and that's about the only parts of me that I can figure out for now :)

Éowyn
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Éowyn » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:29 pm

Amtiskaw";p="136971" wrote:
Éowyn";p="136438" wrote: there are more guys on earth than girls
I believe some UN organisation published a statistic last year to the effect that there are more girls than guys on this planet.
Then the things we learn in school here are outdated *g*

Krancher

Post by Krancher » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:11 am

Jonaleth Irenicus";p="137529" wrote:Because you said the true challange is to understand ourselves and that's about the only parts of me that I can figure out for now :)
Fair enough. :) So hopefully with that understanding, you can look at other people and understand things about them, like how many people would identify exactly with the things you said. I know there have certainly been times when I felt like I was the worst friend in the world, and nothing anyone said would convince me otherwise. It was only hearing those same words coming out of the mouths of other people I considered to be wonderful friends that made me realize that we were all being ridiculously harsh with ourselves.

Return to “V&K Mods”