Is there any documentation forDiablo 1 ME ?

Information and updates for Middle Earth and all other mods created by Varaya and Khan. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Khan

No votes

Total votes: 0

Kilthar

Is there any documentation forDiablo 1 ME ?

Post by Kilthar » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:25 pm

Hi!

I have started to play ME mod for diablo 1 with my friends ad we really enjoy it but as the whole game was changed I would like to get to know how exactly. There are for example items which grant you harmony (fastest hit recovery) - does it mean if I wear one I don't have to use any other item with "harmony" suffix because this will not improve anything or they stack and wearing more than one will help ? Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Kilthar
Last edited by Kilthar on Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Is there any documentation forDiablo 1 ME ?

Post by Khan » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:27 pm

Well there is no real documentation but in the readme we state all changes to the original. Furthermore you can look at this table here:
h**p://khaaan.bei.t-online.de/DATADIAB.TXT
(replace the two ** with tt)

its information about monsters, items, bosses extracted from the modfiles with a tool from Jarulf.

For general information about D1 which is not described in the manual (like if harmony stacks or not - I think it does stack) you should definitely read Jarulf's guide to Diablo 1. It will clear up nearly all questions you have about the game and is valid in all respects for the mod that are not explicitely stated as changed in the readme.

check for jarulf's guide here:
http://glas.its.tudelft.nl/~henjo/diablo/index.php

Kilthar

Post by Kilthar » Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:24 am

Thanks for your quick reply Khan. Below are my comments. Please read them and try to help me, because there is no solution for me still :-(.

Well there is no real documentation but in the readme we state all changes to the original.

The only problem is - there's no readme in memod_exe.zip or in memod_dat.zip. There are only the files which are necessary to run the game. Therefore I would like to ask you for informing about the link to it or copy&paste it in the forums as a post so I will be able to read it finally.

Furthermore you can look at this table here:
h**p://khaaan.bei.t-online.de/DATADIAB.TXT
(replace the two ** with tt)

its information about monsters, items, bosses extracted from the modfiles with a tool from Jarulf.

Already done it some time ago :-)

For general information about D1 which is not described in the manual (like if harmony stacks or not - I think it does stack) you should definitely read Jarulf's guide to Diablo 1. It will clear up nearly all questions you have about the game and is valid in all respects for the mod that are not explicitely stated as changed in the readme.

check for jarulf's guide here:
http://glas.its.tudelft.nl/~henjo/diablo/index.php

Also done it some time ago :-) But where is that damn readme ? uhhh

There's readme on your web site but for diablo 2 only :-(.

Your help will be highly appreciated,

Regards,

Kilthar

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Khan » Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:58 pm

oh err hehe oopsy...
My fault. The D1 mod is so long ago I actually forgot that there never was any readme *whistle* :roll:

Looks like we were even lazier back then than now. Anyway questions like if harmony stacks are found in Jarulf's guide.

But there are a few things that you should know about the MEmod and that should be in a readme:
-axes and or twohanded weapons in general have inherent speed (try it)
-pointing the cursor in the upper left corner of the screen highlights all items on the ground
-Balrogs are deadly (unlike our D2 ones)
-minor, lesser, major rings are all the same they only add more ring drops and look nice and certain unique rings are only possible on certain types of rings

Éowyn
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Éowyn » Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:45 pm

Khan";p="120307" wrote: -Balrogs are deadly (unlike our D2 ones)
Heh dosn't fit in here... But in 1.10 you can make your Balrogs very deadly again when they are using another inferno spell as the Sorceress ;)
May the force be with you, always!

taurendil
Paladin

Post by taurendil » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:46 am

Furthermore, as it currently stands in the beta, Balrogs are deadly! :o
Impotent man looking for frigid woman to just sit around and do nothing.

Xergon

Post by Xergon » Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:56 am

D1ME! The good game! ;)
Four billion years of evolution and this is all we have to show for it?

Kilthar

Post by Kilthar » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:14 am

Ok, thanks, now I have a clear pisture of it.

Kilt

P.S. BALROGS- thay are scary, brrrr, I fear them. Even our warrior had no chances with one :(.
Last edited by Kilthar on Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Khan » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:57 pm

Balrogs in D1ME should be taken one at a time... apart from Gothmog and his hordes of course but he is not there all the time :)

btw Eowyn, tell me more about how to make Balrogs deadly? and please don't tell me I can make them into one-hit-frustrators... that I knew before ;)

Jonaleth Irenicus
Champion of the Light

Post by Jonaleth Irenicus » Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:47 pm

I don't know how to do it, but I know they have done something to the Balrogs' fire breath and changed it (maybe they gave the Balrogs Inferno Slvl x where x is monster level divided by some number). Right now in 1.10 beta their breath is deadly even for the most formidable Barbarian if three/four of them breathe on you all at once, unless you have high resistances (nothing less than 60 is enough).
This is a portrait of what has happened and what my happen. Do you cling to the past or can you see through the pain? You feel the potential within, do you not? Will you cringe from what you know and want, what you can take as your own? Afterall, it is you who has brought us into the dream. Nothing is real... Yet...

IronDeath
Paladin

Post by IronDeath » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:43 pm

Hmm doesn't know if it's related... but since you talked about making some monsters deadlier.... the Dragon Bug is still active for Cave and Fire Dragons ( and therefore Glaurung is a walk in the park if you stand near enough ).
For all who don't know this bug, if you stand next to a Dragon ( range 1 or 2 i think ) the Dragon never hits you, in earlier versions of Me this was an Bug related to all Dragon species, now its fixed on Cold Dragons but the other two remain bugged.
But maybe thats a personal bug ( oh wonders of the computer world ;) )

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Khan » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:39 pm

yea this is really one of the majoy annoyances for me. In our current working version I gave up about the bugged Dragon attack type and made them attack with a standard attack only with some very good combat values (damage and two hit).
They are probably less dangerous now compared to when the bug was not happening but they should keep whats left of their threat now consistently.

IronDeath
Paladin

Post by IronDeath » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:09 pm

Sounds good to me, but maybe with patch 1.10 released its possible to change attack types, better said give monsters different attack options ( blessed are the D1 ME StormLords 8-O :) )
Would be cool to have some old friends back *g

Return to “V&K Mods”