help plz

Information and updates for Middle Earth and all other mods created by Varaya and Khan. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Khan

gr3gor

help plz

Post by gr3gor » Fri Jun 21, 2002 4:52 pm

Hi, i have problem: I downloaded the mod, unzipped and started the game. Everything seemed to be ok till i found my first set item. I tried to identify it and then game crashed. I'm playing LOD 1.09d, english version. When I opened Your homepage looking for some advice i saw that there is written "for LOD 1.09d, this is mod version 1.7 (really final)" near the fileplanet link and then "The latest version of the mod (...) works with Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction version 1.09c". So what version is really needed ? If 1.09c then I would be grateful for some link becouse all i could find from patch 1.09c was d2lang.dll.
Thanks for answer.

Elessar
Paladin

Post by Elessar » Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:26 pm

It's for 1.09d.
Did you make a shortcut with a filepath that looks similar to this:
"C:/Program Files/Diablo 2/Game.exe" -direct -text

You have to start the ME mod through this shortcut. I'll assume you did the installation correctly.

Hope that helps.

Elessar
I have this to say,.. No enemy has yet taken the Hornburg."
- "Helm's Deep" The Two Towers

gr3gor

help plz

Post by gr3gor » Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:40 pm

I can easily start the game (by the way it's DETAIL :mrgreen: described on the homepage). The game crasches when i try to identify some set item. But thanks for answer anyway

UnOrthOdOx

Post by UnOrthOdOx » Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:07 pm

Have you had any other mods installed?

Have you tried to re-install? That usually fixes most problems.
You seem a decent fellow, I hate to kill you

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Khan » Fri Jun 21, 2002 9:26 pm

Are you playing closed Battlenet?

gr3gor

help plz

Post by gr3gor » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:51 pm

Yes, the same when i was playing CBN i also had problems with crashing V&K mod. Now I reinstalled D2LOD, patched it to 1.09d and situation has changed: now when I try to identify some set item game doesn't crash but i dont see ANY stats of the set item (no name, price etc.). As far as i know many people have the same problem. Hope u can help me........plz

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:38 pm

Yes, the same when i was playing CBN i also had problems with crashing V&K mod
If that means that you play on closed Bnet, stop doing that, mods only work in open bnet.

Turin

Post by Turin » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:42 pm

You should wrote that in Size 500 on the Mod-Page, Khan ... seems that many people just doesn't know that ...
One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them !!

gr3gor

help plz

Post by gr3gor » Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:24 am

You didn't understand me. I said "Yes, the same when i was playing CBN i also had problems with crashing V&K mod". For me it's OBVIOUS that ME MOD doesn't work on CBN. I played CBN starting game by "diablo II.exe" and i played single ME MOD by "Diablo II.exe -direct -txt". Now i reinstalled the game and im playing ONLY ME MOD and as i said
I don't see any stats of set items (I also see normal rune names El, Eld, Ral.. and they change into the new ones when i socket some item with them, but it's not a problem). Hope u can help me with these sets....

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Sun Jun 23, 2002 12:14 pm

Hmmm you replaced the 2 DLLs (D2Win.dll and D2Game.dll)?
You don't use a Mac do you ?

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Khan » Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:41 pm

Well if you don't play on closed Bnet but still see the wrong strings I would guess that you either:

1: use a non-english, non-german version. In that case you either have to get the english version or you have to get the english "D2lang.dll" file which should be downloadable somewhere on the internet (www.D2network.de has it for one of the 1.09 versions or if you are desperate I could send it to you via email)

2: you made a typo with your shortcut and -direct -txt , maybe forgetting a space between exe and -direct or -direct and -txt.

Hope that helped (sofar we solved every problem I think :)

Return to “V&K Mods”