PlugY Questions

Information and updates for TFW: Ancients (D2 v1.09x) and Awakening (D2 v1.10) mods. If you have any questions or suggestions about either mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Myhrginoc, SiLenTx, Deathscythe

No votes

Total votes: 0

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

PlugY Questions

Post by Al-T » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:42 am

Hi M and GAQ,

I've been playing a lot of TFW recently and noticed some PlugY related things:

1. The "LimitValueToShiftClick" assigns all remaining stat points when used. I did this on one of my characters with 128 saved stat points thinking it would only allocate 5 at a time like ZyEl :roll: .

2. The "NbPagesPerIndex" is set to 5.

3. The "NbPagesPerIndex2" is set to 25.

My personal preference for 2 & 3 are 10 and 100. Could you consider making these 3 adjustable via PlugY.ini rather than hardcoded or maybe change the hardcoding for just the first one as the other two aren't as important? Preventing "unallocation" of stats and skills should not be affected by these changes so there is still no chance to cheat. I bet I'm not the only one to make the mistake of stats allocation :lol: .
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Veteran? More like "Ancient Relic!"..been playing the mod for 12 years!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
I get knocked down but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down...!
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: PlugY Questions

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:39 pm

Item 1 is supposed to be completely disabled....
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:26 pm

Fair enough but I fail to see why this is imposed. I do agree that players should not be allowed to "unallocate" stats and skills but 128 stats allocated 1 at a time takes quite a bit of time which can be better used actually playing the Mod. Make a mistake and shift-click and you totally ruin your character which you may already have invested a lot of time in (a necro with 198 strength instead of 75 :lol: ). A 5 or 10 point shift-click allocation limit would be more reasonable. Make a mistake with this and you can sort the stats within a level or 2 in the bounds of the Mod legitimately without resorting to other more dubious methods.
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:45 am

That is my point. It is a bug that you can unallocate any stats or skill points at all. That you can unallocate all at once is as invalid as unallocating one point at a time. So I should fix a problem that should not even be available to players?

I will remove the lock on the other two items, btw...
~ Mark Twain
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:36 am

Myhrginoc";p="309949" wrote:That is my point. It is a bug that you can unallocate any stats or skill points at all. That you can unallocate all at once is as invalid as unallocating one point at a time. So I should fix a problem that should not even be available to players?

I will remove the lock on the other two items, btw...
Ahh, you have misunderstood what I was trying to say....

It is only allocation I would like you to consider. I don't want to be able to unallocate anything. "LimitValueToShiftClick" only affects the number of stat points you can allocate using shift+left mouse button. At present you have it set to allocate all remaining stats. Changing this to say 5 or 10 in no way affects unallocation of stats or skills as they are controlled by another 2 keys in PlugY.ini. ZyEl has "LimitValueToShiftClick" hardcoded as 5 so you can still control whatever value you feel is correct for TFW. I hope this makes it clearer what I was originally trying to say.

For the other two, a massive thank you and sorry for the misunderstanding.
Last edited by Al-T on Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:55 pm

Yohann's notes say LimitValueToShiftClick works in both directions. Since I never thought unallocation would work, I didn't consider this parameter at all. I will make it have a narrow effect indeed!
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Mark Twain

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:25 pm

Myhrginoc";p="310030" wrote:Yohann's notes say LimitValueToShiftClick works in both directions.
Only if you allow it by setting "ActiveStatsUnassignment" to 1 (which you won't be doing) in addition to "ActiveShiftClickLimit" and a value for "LimitValueToShiftClick".
Since I never thought unallocation would work, I didn't consider this parameter at all. I will make it have a narrow effect indeed!
Nice. It will mean we can still waste stats by allocating to say strength instead of mana but the results will be much less severe. :)

Return to “The Fury Within: Ancients & Awakening”