Skills configuration

Information and updates for TFW: Ancients (D2 v1.09x) and Awakening (D2 v1.10) mods. If you have any questions or suggestions about either mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Myhrginoc, SiLenTx, Deathscythe

Ulara

Skills configuration

Post by Ulara » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:30 pm

I apologise if this question has been posted and answered. I could not see it in the forum off-hand.
I am totally stumped by the skills allocation system.
Your Alpha 2.4 read-me states: "When you level up, you will get a quantity of skill points based on your previous level. (If you get only one
skill point on leveling, the mod is not properly configured.)"
I started playing about 20 minutes ago and got 1 skill each for levels 1 and 2 respectively. Is this correct and will I get more skills later?
If not, what must I do?

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Re: Skills configuration

Post by Al-T » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:00 pm

I started playing about 20 minutes ago and got 1 skill each for levels 1 and 2 respectively. Is this correct and will I get more skills later?
If not, what must I do?
Take a look at this topic....

viewtopic.php?t=37366&sid=c563b4fd4ed51 ... 2370d278f7

....in particular Myhrginocs 2nd post "Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:07 am"

The main thing to check is that you have a TFW folder with all the mod files extracted to it inside your main Diablo II program folder, for example C:\Program Files\Diablo II\TFW and if using "110-LaunchTFW.vbs" that you only run it from this folder. It is not like a normal shortcut that works in another location.

[EDIT] Don't worry about running this vb script. I understand that a lot of people will have concerns about running vb scripts but there is nothing to fear from using this one. As an indicator, you will see that if you right-click the file you are able to "edit" it. People who write malicious vb scripts do not leave the source code available for modification but instead will "compile" them, making it much harder to check what the script actually does. The script files included with the mod are safe to use. :)
Last edited by Al-T on Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Veteran? More like "Ancient Relic!"..been playing the mod for 12 years!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
I get knocked down but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down...!
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Skills configuration

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:06 am

Al-T" wrote:The main thing to check is that you have a TFW folder with all the mod files extracted to it inside your main Diablo II program folder, for example C:\Program Files\Diablo II\TFW and if using "110-LaunchTFW.vbs" that you only run it from this folder. It is not like a normal shortcut that works in another location.
The mod folder can be named whatever you want (I have Awakening and Awakening-dev, for example). But all mod files must be in the same folder, and the folder must be under your game folder as Al-T's example shows.

Whether you use 110-LaunchTFW.vbs (people with their game at v1.10) or 111-LaunchTFW.vbs (people who have upgraded to later versions), the script itself must be in the mod folder. But you can make a shortcut to the script, and that shortcut can be anywhere.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “The Fury Within: Ancients & Awakening”